High Uninstalls Do To Lag Even On Bb2

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by tonymartz2, Aug 30, 2020.

1. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

good morning boxers, so when brooklyn brawler came out I immediately had an idea for a Nitched game.
    I had really good success before in this category so why not try again..
    here is my idea (don't copy my exact ideas lol but use your own nitch)
    Im Dominican so I wanted to do a classic Dominican Mario world based game.
    I started the game with 3 worlds and player had to start in the 1st world and one that world was cleared then the second world would open.
    to start world 4-10 had a calendar icon meaning coming soon.
    so what im doing is creating and publishing a new world every week.
    ****by doing a NEW world every week I would keep the hype going and the retention***
    I added my social media links to Youtube and instagram on the game over UI.
    Players could contact me with ideas for upcoming worlds.

I try to featuring a particular city in the Dominican Republic in each World/Level
    I started world 1 with some of the original buildings from Brooklyn Brawlers because the game is Dominican but it starts in NYC Washington Heights (know to have a high Dominican population)
    I then do a world on Puerto Plata known for its famous Gondola, so the character keeps jumping from gondola to gondola while shooting birds.... anyways u get the point..... great idea but........
    I immediately started to get complaints via instagram DM that the game was lagging and needed to be fixed. "LOVE THE IDEA BUT REAL SLOW PLEASE FIX" so people liked the idea of the game and they knew me from and older game that hit #1 in DR so they kinda had my back.

then a small YouTube tagged me that he was doing a gameplay of each world of my game...
    so im like ok great, when I looked at the game play it was really laggy and not good at all... that's when I noticed why of 900 installs I only had 200 active
    i did the optimizations and cleaned up what's not used.... my test devices are an iPhone 11 pro and Samsung A20

I then realize that this is a third world country were u can't walk around with an iPhone or it will get stolen.
    kids have cheap android phone and tablets.....

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Cheaper and older android phones do have issues when it comes to how much their phones can handle. It could be worthwhile to run tests on a cheap android so that you can see the worst case scenarios with your games performance. With this Information, you will be able to make more changes in your games to reduce the lag. The more going on in a game, the more performance power that is required.

tonymartz2 likes this.