Heyzap Not Working In 2.2.8, Not Talking About Mediation

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by oni3350, Jan 15, 2017.

1. oni3350

oni3350 Boxer

Im not using heyzap mediation, just normal reward video.

In version 2.2.7 I created a game with Admob Banner and Interstitials set and no HeyZap (from the drop down options in the UI for banner and interstitial)

I was using a restart checkpoint action with buy and use checked, purchase method "reward videos" Adnetwork set to HeyZap.

This all worked perfectly and no issue with the reward videos, on Android and iOS.

With my new game, same setup with reward videos and also Admob, but using version 2.2.8, the reward video button is not showing at all. This is just tested on Android so far using Bluestacks.

Now before you say, "videos just haven't loaded" "no videos in your geo location" ect ect or the fact im using Bluestacks...... I opened up my old game in Bluestacks, reward video works fine.

Just to confirm the issue with 2.2.8, I opened up my old BB file, re exported for Android, recompiled with eclipse and installed on Bluestacks, and now the reward video button does not load.

So unless im missing something, there seems to be a bug with normal HeyZap usage BB version 2.2.8, NOT setting up Mediation....

Has anyone else seen this? Im ready to launch my new game and don't really have the time trying to figure out the extra work to use HeyZap Mediation :( So need to work this our ASAP.

@Andy @andre_sprs

Selasu likes this.
  2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes. This has been reported now by several boxers so I guess something still isn't setup correctly in BB 2.2.8. I haven't tried it myself.

Just a heads up, mediation works 100% and is very easy to set up. :) you should give it a go.

Qdeveloper likes this.
  3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

I brought this up to HeyZap when we were implementing the support in 2.2.8. They suggested that using mediation is preferred rather than trying to use HeyZap ads only. I guess the fill rate can be very low with the Fyber enabled SDK and not using mediation. I would definitely address this with HeyZap if it's something you are concerned about. To my knowledge this has nothing to do with Buildbox or 2.2.8 specifically.

Christoph likes this.
  4. oni3350

oni3350 Boxer

Ok thanks for the response guys.... guess maybe its time to figure out mediation. Probably going to be for the best.

5. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@Andy @Christoph we are the only one I guess for whom even heyzap mediation doesn't works, have tried several times and implementing every single thing mentioned by Christop, but still fails. So weird.....

6. oni3350

oni3350 Boxer

I just implemented HeyZap Mediation for Android and happy to see it all went smoothly and all working. Using Admob and Vungle, following Christoph's tutorials.

Maybe you have done something wrong somewhere that your not seeing, or perhaps maybe something is still cached on your testing devices or something... im not an expert with that, but all I can say is I followed every single step of Christoph's to try and not avoid issues, and it worked for me.

Christoph and bmsingha like this.
  7. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Hey mate,

Yes I too followed every single step of Christoph, but still issue

8. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

I have the same issue, So now i should figure out what so called heyzap mediation. ?

9. oni3350

oni3350 Boxer

Yes. It's pretty easy. If you follow Christopher's tutorials here on the forum. Just search for the HeyZap sdk10 ones.

I've successfully done the Andriod one. Haven't set up the iPhone one yet. Hope that's just as easy.

Mediation seems much better since HeyZap will automatically rotate between your chosen adnetworks to deliver the one that's going to pay you the most.

SuperVudu and Christoph like this.
  10. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

I'm going to try it now :D
    I think we are lucky it's done by @Chrtistoph :)

Christoph likes this.
  11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Hey @40Games, I had a very busy day. Sorry.

First of all, you should never post your IDs publicly. I hope you have changed some of the numbers from Heyzap ID and Applovin ID. Just a security heads up.

Where do you get this code from? Are you following the correct tutorial?
    http://buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/heyzap-mediation-sdk-10-android-eclipse-tutorial.8793/

12. SuperVudu

SuperVudu Boxer

I got that code from the heyzap integration section for android on heyzaps website. Yes that's the tutorial I've been using. I'll give it a go one more time and I'll get back to you. :)

13. ibrahimox

ibrahimox Boxer

hello oni
    i am using buildbox 2.2.8 as well and the heyzap meditaion does not work for me can you please tell if you find a solution ?