Heyzap Meditation - Vungle

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Cristian, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi All,

I am trying to add Vungle as well as network ads but I have some issues. In SDK test I have ON in green so I am not sure why is not showing ads as other networks that are green and working properly. If I press FETCH and SHOW after I get this error: DISPLAY ATTEMPT FAIL.

What I dId:

1. Used US as VPN but with no results.
    2. I have in LIBS dagger-2.4, javax.inject-1 and vungle-publisher-adaptive-id-4.0.2
    3. Added in manifest all permissions.

After all I have green light but getting the error above.

If there is anyone around that managed to have vungle set would appreciate any insights on this matter.

Many thanks,
    C

2. GaborVungle

GaborVungle Boxer

Hi Cristian,

I am Gabor, I am working as Integration Engineer @Vungle.

It is a bit difficult to help you based on only so much info. Could you share a bit more like
    - what is your Vungle APP ID?
    - did you use Eclispe after you exported you project?
    - did you follow this tutorial to set things up?
    https://www.buildbox.com/forum/index.php?threads/android-heyzap-mediation-tutorial.4037/

Alternatively you could share all these and get in touch with us through tech-support@vungle.com, but I keep an eye on your answer here as well.

Gabor

3. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi,

1. App Id - not sure if this should be shared? App Id and Reporting is the same number. Should be the same number? OR different numbers?
    2. Eclipse user
    3. Followed the steps in the link.

I have it green state under Meditation status on heyzapp dashboard. Green on the SDK test on phone. When I tried to fetch ad i get this message: Display attempt failed.

What can be done?

App is on test mode on vungle. I read somewhere that needs to be online in order to load ads. Is this correct? In this case I assume the ads are working since are green but since is in test mode are not displayed.

Thanks,
    C

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  4. GaborVungle

GaborVungle Boxer

Hi Cristian,

no, I also don't think it should be shared here. That's why I offered our tech support mail. Alternatively you can share with me in a private message. I could look up if we even served the ads to you app, or if there is an issue there, and that is why you can't show an ad, because fetch was already not working.

As a side step, you could download our previous SDK an try that, here is the link:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/vvv-releases/android/vungle-publisher-adaptive-id-3.3.5.1.zip

Please make sure you replace the dagger file as well, as this version is using dagger 2.1.

It is likely that buildbox does not support our latest SDK (4.0.2) what was released not that long ago and we changed some of the methods in it.
    Gabor

5. GaborVungle

GaborVungle Boxer

Hi Cristian,

just to add as you changed your previous message. Test mode works just fine, that is definitely not the root cause. We had some time where test mode was disabled because of some system updates, but they are back and working.

Gabor

6. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi,
    Whoorayy! Working I used older SKD. vungle-publisher-adaptive-id-3.3.5.1 instead of vungle-publisher-adaptive-id-4.0.2

Million million million thanks man! :)

Off topic: I have set in buildbox heyzap as reward video since is the only option. Now in my game I am getting vungle rewards ads as well and works nice. My question is heyzap is fine to receive from vungle as well because until now I received from heyzap only.

Or is this because I use meditation and heyzap links any reward video as reward as a ad network?

Also on vungle dashboard I can see 1 device but it does not show any views or clicks or such. I did vew several videos from vungle, interstitial and rewards as well.

Many thanks,
    C

7. GaborVungle

GaborVungle Boxer

Hi Cristian,

I am happy to hear it works with that one. :)

Heyzap is a mediation platform. This means all rewarded video goes through Heyzap, regardless if the source is Heyzap (Fyber actually now) or Vungle. So yes it is totally fine.

Both the app setup page and the reporting section shows the views, so not sure what do you mean there is no views. Also if your app is in test mode those views are not counted in, so please switch to active mode. Also it takes a bit of time to update data on the dashboard, it is unfortunately not real time.

I can still offer to have a look at your app if you share your appid privately.

Gabor

8. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

I have 2 ads showing on dashboard. Will take some time to see what happens and will get back to you re this tomorrow. Regards,C

9. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

HI again,

I added another device for testing ( I installed test app on 2 devices ) and odd thing is happening:

On Application stage i see 4 views and 2 new devices.
    On Account Stage > selected app I see 4 views, 1 new device for last 7 days.

Why is not showing all views that were made?

Regards,
    C

10. GaborVungle

GaborVungle Boxer

Hi Cristian,

it is a bit difficult to answer without knowing exactly how many views you made and when, but the dashboard data is not real time. It is counting properly I can ensure you, it is just not updated real time.

Gabor

11. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi,

Understood about real time. I made during today I think about 20 at least. It should be displayed there? I mean yesterday I had aslo >20 and it 24h since then. How long it takes to update usually? more than 24h? If I send in PM app id does it help to look into this?

Thanks and regards,
    C

12. GaborVungle

GaborVungle Boxer

Hi Cristian,

Yes the appid would help. I am not able to see what happened with you without that.

Yes, the numbers should be displayed, the delay is not taking 24h.

Gabor

13. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi,

I sent a PM with the id. Did you get it? I have now a different issue. Ads after playing are stopping at about 80% and after the download image gets in with the close button. Before the movie played 100% and after the banner download ad appeared.

Any ideas why? First time when this is happening.

Reinstalling the app make it work again but simply closing and reopening did not.
    Thanks,
    C

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  14. GaborVungle

GaborVungle Boxer

Hi Cristian,

no I did not get any PM from you.

So the issue happens only once, and no more, or you can still reproduce it by installing the app again for exmaple?
    If it happens, it happens with every ad? Did you try multiple ones?
    If so could you share it on a video and your appid as well in PM? I can look up the ad in question, or have a look of what might happened.

Gabor