Heyzap Mediation

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Machine Rises, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

Has anyone gotten this to work? If so can you post a tutorial? I'm referring to the heyzap that is not supported. I'm wondering if anyone got this to work in xcode. Thanks

tarasgasparin and Christoph like this.
  2. tarasgasparin

tarasgasparin Boxer

3. Jayson

Jayson Boxer

Hi, sent this to a forum member who asked for help a few days ago:

[IOS]

1. Add your Heyzap Publisher ID on the Heyzap field in BB. You can find this on your Heyzap page by clicking your username and selecting account. (no need to add admob, etc)

2. Export in IOS.

3. Import your project in Xcode. Then prepare Heyzap and 3rd party SDK's:

4. Assuming you already created an app campaign in Heyzap, click Integration Wizard.

5. Pick your desired 3rd party networks, select your app, and enter your credentials on those 3rd party networks and then Pick IOS. After that, you should land on the step by step integration procedure generated by Heyzap.

6. Download and Unzip all the necessary SDKs from steps 2-4 on Heyzap Integration Wizard. Follow steps 3 and 4 for copying the frameworks to your Xcode project. Don't forget to tick "copy if needed"

(If you prefer, I have here the compiled SDK's. You can just Drop them on your frameworks folder. Just remove the ones that you are not using or add missing ones)
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4buff6vo9o2w6v2/AAD8NlPc7---r_j0jZgUj1DHa?dl=0

Note! Current Google mobile ads sdk always fail to initialize for reasons I don't know. I solved the issue by using an older sdk, forgot the version, but downloaded around 24/10/2015. You may also need the admob banner support from Heyzap SDK below 9.1.0.

7. Going back to Xcode, under Project, click PTPlayer, then Build Settings. Select "All" on the subcategories, then search and modify the ff:

Enable bitcode = set to NO (if xcode 6, this is NO as default)

Enable Modules = Set to YES

8. Now, Under Target, Click PZplayer, Under General Tab. Change and set the ff.

Set Deployment Target to iOS 7.0 (Some New 3rd party SDKs stopped support for iOS 6, especially FB audience net)

Under Linked Frameworks and Libraries, scroll down and click + to add some libraries and frameworks.

Search and add the following: (if you are using xcode 6, skip except the webkit framework)

libsqlite3.tbd

libxml2.tbd

libz.tbd

webkit.framework < (Took a day of googling to figure this out, required by Vungle and Adcolony)

9. Go to your IOS project folder, look for PTPlayer-info.plist. Open it in a text editing application.

Add the following code:

<key>NSAppTransportSecurity</key>
    <dict>
    <key>NSAllowsArbitraryLoads</key>
    <true/>
    </dict>

Note: If you have no idea where to put that code, you can try looking for the first "<dict>" on the file. Put the cursor after that then hit Enter, paste the code, then hit save. You can add some tabs to make it look good haha. I'm bad at coding, but that worked.

10. Connect your device and hit play to test.

**Note that some of the frameworks are not built for ios simulator in xcode 6.4 and will probably fail to build when targeting a simulator. In xcode 7, I don't know why but they work fine. This could be the work around: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32979281/duplicate-symbols-fb-audience-network-ios

Anyway, testing in a real device >>>>> testing in simulator.

[ANDROID]

Android is more straightforward.
    1. In Buildbox, just be sure to add FBaudience net & Admob on the banner waterfall. Just like IOS, put your heyzap pub id in the settings, no need for other network ids, then export.

2. Add sdks on libs just as instructed on heyzap integration wizard. Note that you can skip google services, FBaudience, and heyzap jar files because they are already exported by bb.

3. Be sure to fix your androidmanifest.xml file.

4. Test! ;)

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Thanks for the tutorial @Jayson Ilagan. Is this for interstitials? What about banners? And how will it interfere with the video reward button?

5. Jayson

Jayson Boxer

How do you do the @Username thing? :D

==> yup, banners included. Controlled by Heyzap settings.
    ==> rewarded videos will include the 3rd party networks you integrated. Controlled by Heyzap settings.

Christoph likes this.
  6. Jayson

Jayson Boxer

Updated with small instructions for Android. ;)

Christoph likes this.
  7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I wrote Heyzap a few weeks back to ask how their video system works and they said that it creates only income if the user downloads the app advertised. I think this is somehow a waist of (user) time and resources and it would be better to have an income with views instead (and bonus with downloads). What Mediation video ads should I use to generate income also with views?

Thanks @Jayson for the update. The @Username thing is done exactly like that. Just put the @ and then the username you want. :D

8. Jayson

Jayson Boxer

amazingafternoon and Christoph like this.
  9. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Didn't know that Crossy Road was working with Heyzap. Interesting. So if I have set up banners, interstitials and video rewards, will Heyzap know what is what? I fear that the videos also appear in the interstitials instead of only the video reward. Is it possible to separate these two?

FerZ and Jayson like this.
  10. Jayson

Jayson Boxer

Heyzap will take care of that. To disable Interstitial video, you need to access Publisher settings in Heyzap. See image below.

Attached Files:

Christoph likes this.
  11. buman

buman Boxer

Would be great if you could make a tut videos showing us how to do this. That's much more visualize and easy to follow.

Jayson likes this.
  12. Jayson

Jayson Boxer

@buman Good idea. I'll do that may be in the next few days. Still busy on my game at the moment. :)

buman likes this.
  13. DeadlySeriousMedia

DeadlySeriousMedia Avid Boxer

Thanks for the tutorial!

14. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

@Jayson we tried your tutorial but we seem to be having issues in Xcode. We got this message:

"Use of imports when modules are disabled'
    and
    "heyzapads.h file not found"

Wondering what we did wrong? Thanks

15. Jayson

Jayson Boxer

@Machine Rises Hi!

It could be that Modules are still disabled. Check both Project and Target.
    Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 10.05.51 PM.png
    For heyzapads.h, it should be part of the heyzap framework. Enabling Modules should fix this problem as well.

Screen Shot 2015-12-03 at 10.07.03 PM.png

alain_grignon and Christoph like this.
  16. Chris Goodman

Chris Goodman Boxer

@Jayson thanks for the tutorial it has really helped,

now I've managed to get hey zap unity ads working for a reward video but i can't get vungle to work. I'm using Xcode 6.4 and flowed your steps but doesn't seem to show vungle can you help?

17. darren

darren Avid Boxer

Using Xcode 6.4, I got this to work on the iOS version for MICROGEE (endlessfloater.com) It was a while ago, from memory the tricky part was dragging the SDK's into the Xcode project

Trying on Android though it crashes every time you tap the EARN button. Was going to switch to Facebook banners instead but Buildbox doesn't support that either. Pretty frustrating...BBv1.3.5 has been out since September 2015

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  18. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

For Android HeyZap Reward Video Ad Button to work in BB 1.3.5 try to add HeyZap Interstitial to Pause Menu, Interval of Ad appearing let say 6, and then try to export to Android and compile to .apk file.
    This works for us, we do not now why but it work every time that we making game.

We just later on in Eclipse add SDK .jar file of AppLovin, UnityAds, AdColony to lib folder ( this Ads networks we add and in HeyZap Dashboard for Interstitial and Reward Video ) and additional lines in Activities in AndroidManifest.xml for UnityAds and AppLovin following by one line of Permision also in AndroidManifest.xml

All documentation you can find on https://developers.heyzap.com/docs/android_sdk_setup_and_requirements

19. darren

darren Avid Boxer

Thanks for replying as it's good to hear that someone has it working and I might be missing a step. Have you tried a Reward Video Ad Button on the "Game Over" screen? I'm not interested in adding it to the pause screen

20. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

Hi @darren
    This is for Game Over Scene Reward Video Button.
    On Pause Scene is just Interstitial of HeyZap Ad.
    We do not why but like that is working for us always.

How we making it work:
    On Game Over Scene we add Reward Video Ad Button interval 4, and on Pause Scene just Interstitial Ad interval 6 of HeyZap.
    We have try a lot of solution to make it work and this one is working for us.

Just try to adding to your game HeyZap Interstitial Ad on Pause Scene,export to Android and compile to .apk and try it on your device.