Heyzap Mediation Sdk 9 - Ios [tutorial]

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by Christoph, May 9, 2016.

1. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@Christoph I am finding error when adding Vungle SDK something related to Vungle Web view, how to sort that?

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I'm not gonna be a lot of help with Vungle. I tried to set it up too but got different errors which started when I tried to make an account on their site. It seems they have a lot of problems on their end and I thought it was just a pain in the ass to keep trying. Did you google it?

Formuzal likes this.
  3. onetap

onetap Avid Boxer

Do you have to put anything in the priority list for it to work?

4. Pandemonium

Pandemonium Boxer

@Christoph - Awesome tutorial :)

- Now, can we have one for Flurry too?
    [I know there is one since the old forums, but not as detailed and with pictures like this one]

PS - How about HZ mediation on Android?

PPS - Do you droid masters still go with Eclipse or can APK be done with Android Studio these days?

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  5. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

eclipse , if you follow his steps you will get these ads to work! :)

6. tlcproductions

tlcproductions Boxer

@Christoph - thank you so much for putting this together - solved a lot of issues that we were facing. The only comment to add to this and maybe it was mentioned in the the few comments above - if you already have chosen Applovin in BB, then don't add the Applovin SDK to xCode as you will get a list of duplicate entries...

Nicely done!

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Thanks tlcproductions. I recommend not to add any additional Ad Network in BB. Just Heyzap. It is just easier to understand what is happening.

The weird thing is that when you export an Android project, the Heyzap SDK is already added automatically, as well as all the additional code is. You really don't have to do anything else than to add a few extra steps. Very easy and straight forward. Even though, once you have set up Heyzap Mediation in Xcode you realize that it is very easy too and just a few very simple steps.

Formuzal likes this.
  8. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello, thank for the tutorial.
    Please create for Android.

9. Pandemonium

Pandemonium Boxer

Vungle SDK contains a RESOURCES folder, just as the iOS folder already has,
    so I get this error:

[​IMG]

- What is the right step here - to rename the folder and try again or open the folder and copy the content in the already existing RESOURCES folder?

JoeWilson likes this.
  10. Pandemonium

Pandemonium Boxer

So, Vungle is error-free only if you drag the entire folder in the Frameworks section, and it looks nested in there (but will it work in the build, remains to be tested)

- Another important part is for people mediating AdColony - in order for this to be error-free, you need to do one more thing in Step 14 of the second post in this threads tutorial.

- Scroll down to “Linked Frameworks and Libraries” and click at the bottom on the + icon - and search/add:
    WebKit.framework

11. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yeah, the linked Frameworks and Libraries depend on what ad networks you choose. Just check it on the Heyzap site directly and don't copy it from the tutorial. The same applies to step 5. If you choose different ad networks the list will change!!!

Regarding the Vungle ad network: you don't have to copy the resources folder!!! Just copy the framework. That's all. Actually you need the resource folder for showing the icons on top of the ad. Just copy the files individually into the Resources folder. Works great!

With icons in the resource folder:
    with.png

Without icons (it just shows an empty placeholder!):
    without.png

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    Formuzal likes this.
  12. Pandemonium

Pandemonium Boxer

Tried that - it doesn't work... Actually I tried all the combos and still it's not working... Looking it up further with HZ support.

13. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

For Vungle you need to add additionally the following frameworks in step 14:
    WebKit.framework
    AdSupport.framework

That seems to be it. Vungle is working on my end. Cheers!

Last edited: May 26, 2016
    Formuzal likes this.
  14. amazingafternoon

amazingafternoon Boxer

Hi @Christoph ,

So I am getting a super annoying error "use of undeclared identifier "HZLog" and "HeyzapAds" when placing this code in the appcontroller.mm in step 3. Do you have any idea how I can solve this?
    1. -(void)loadingDidComplete {
    2. [HZLog setDebugLevel:HZDebugLevelVerbose];
    3. [HeyzapAds presentMediationDebugViewController];
    4. }

15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This sounds like you didn't set up your Heyzap ID in Buildbox... just a guessing though. What step 3 are you talking about?

Formuzal and amazingafternoon like this.
  16. amazingafternoon

amazingafternoon Boxer

@Christoph just managed to fix it it wasn't that but all seems good now :) I have another question, is there any way we can program the ad networks to respond to the ad call randomly? I mean in turns like first Facebook then admob then vungle etc?

17. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Not sure if I get your question right. But Heyzap will take care of the mediation and always choose what gives you the best revenue. It doesn't make any sense to tweak it manually. And I'm pretty sure there is no option to do this. You would have to set up the Ad Networks individually and then code the random appearance in Xcode. What is the purpose if I might ask?

Formuzal likes this.
  18. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Formuzal, heathclose and Pandemonium like this.
  19. amazingafternoon

amazingafternoon Boxer

Hi @Andy and @Christoph so I am in mediation debug for heyzap and unity ads says no sdk detected, manifest missing activities and network not enabled. but the sdk is there. Any idea why this is happening and what I could do to fix it?

Also noticed that some ad networks are green but do not seem to be fetching ads... is this normal?

20. MethGames

MethGames Boxer

in last version of BB 2.0 for mediation i have to follow this tutorial or it fully supported?