Heyzap 10 Sdk

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by GTE Games, Nov 16, 2016.

1. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

I have logged into heyzap to get the vungle SDK and it appears only SDK 10 frameworks are available now.

Searched around for an archive, but can't seem to find one.

Does Buildbox support Heyzap SDK 10? Does the SDK and frameworks matter for Buildbox since we have to import all the frameworks anyway? I'm thinking the BB team has implemented the SDK and we are adding the frameworks. I believe that is how I remember it.

Being as Heyzap doesn't provide the frameworks for SDK 9 now, should Buildbox now update to SDK 10?

In the mean time, can someone provide me the vungle framework for Heyzap 9? ( @Christoph )

Thanks!

2. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

3. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Compiling failed. :/

symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7. Guess that framework is too old. Well, if anyone has a newer one. It would be much appreciated. Thanks!

4. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Tried using the HZ 10 SDK. Got it to compile without issue. But running it on my device with the debugger running... appears that it's still loading HZ 9.6.5. Guess BB is overriding my HZ10 SDK.

Well this sucks... don't have the right frameworks for 9, and 10 isn't supported. Any ideas, it seems all crickets in here.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yeah, Heyzap 10 support is needed and I hope we will get it with the next update which will be released at the end of this month.

These are the only ones I have since I don't use the other networks, but they work 100% with the latest version of BB (2.2.6/2.2.7):
    Heyzap 9.6.9
    Applovin 3.4.3
    FacebookAudienceNetwork 4.15.1
    GoogleMobileAds 7.11.0
    UnityAds 1.5.8
    Vungle 4.0.5

Download here: http://bit.ly/2fZeOiu

qiang_ma and GTE Games like this.
  6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Yes, it is being worked out now. End of the month is expected.

GTE Games and Christoph like this.
  7. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Tried the files Christoph provided. Using bb 2.2.6

Here is the output from xCode...
    Code:
    2016-11-17 07:10:20.601 PZPlayer[1001:376508] cocos2d: surface size: 640x960

[PTPlayer] - [PTPScreenStart] banner: kNoAds interstitial: kNoAds

2016-11-17 07:10:20.687 PZPlayer[1001:376508] [ Heyzap 9.6.5 ] Error! Failed to get networks from Heyzap. Retrying in 10 seconds. Error = Error Domain=com.heyzap.alamofire.error.serialization.response Code=-1011 "Request failed: bad request (400)" UserInfo={com.heyzap.alamofire.serialization.response.error.response=<NSHTTPURLResponse: 0x17db7f10> { URL: https://med.heyzap.com/start?advertisingIdentifier=F6ECC852--4AB6-A263-0F6B4ED4D75A&advertising_id=F6ECC852--4AB6-A263-0F6BED4D75A&app_bundle_id=com.gtegames.smworld&app_name=PZPlayer&app_version=1.43&connection_type=evdo&device_form_factor=phone&device_id=F6ECC852--4AB6-A263-0F6BED4D75A&device_type=iPhone4%2C1&external_package=com.gtegames.smworld&ios_version=9.3.5&networks=heyzap%2Cvungle%2Cheyzap_cross_promo%2Cfacebook%2Ciad%2Cheyzap_exchange&os_version=9.3.5&platform=iphone&publisher_id=c86d19102665515b19&publisher_sdk_key&sdk_platform=iphone&sdk_version=9.6.5&tracking_enabled=1&vendor_device_id=8829B742--4A21-9F3B-85541DEA2D32 } { status code: 400, headers {

Connection = "keep-alive";

"Content-Length" = 65;

"Content-Type" = "text/json; charset=UTF-8";

Date = "Thu, 17 Nov 2016 12:10:20 GMT";

Server = "Tengine/2.2.0";

} }, NSErrorFailingURLKey=https://med.heyzap.com/start?advertisingIdentifier=F6EC852---A263-0F6B4E4D75A&advertising_id=F6ECC2-4AB6-A263-0F6B4E4D75A&app_bundle_id=com.gtegames.smworld&app_name=PZPlayer&app_version=1.43&connection_type=evdo&device_form_factor=phone&device_id=F6CC852---A263-0F6B4ED4D75A&device_type=iPhone4%2C1&external_package=com.gtegames.smworld&ios_version=9.3.5&networks=heyzap%2Cvungle%2Cheyzap_cross_promo%2Cfacebook%2Ciad%2Cheyzap_exchange&os_version=9.3.5&platform=iphone&publisher_id=c86d191002d415665515b19&publisher_sdk_key=c86d191b0029518c05665515b19&sdk_platform=iphone&sdk_version=9.6.5&tracking_enabled=1&vendor_device_id=8829B742-7C80-4A21-9F3B-85541DEA2D32, NSLocalizedDescription=Request failed: bad request (400), com.heyzap.alamofire.serialization.response.error.data=<7b226572 726f7222 203a2022 4865797a 61702053 444b2039 65636174 65642e20 506c6561 73652075 70646174 6520746f 20313022 7d>},

This is the same response I get whether using mediation or not.

8. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

What do you mean when using mediation or not? You must be doing something wrong when setting up the files. Since SDK 9 is not available anymore on the Heyzap site you can't check the additional code either. But with this exact files you need to:

Add libraries to “Linked Frameworks and Libraries”:
    libc++.tbd
    libsqlite3.tbd
    libxml2.tbd
    libz.tbd
    WebKit.framework
    AdSupport.framework

2. Change the ios target to 7 or 8

3. Add this code to the AppController.mm file just after #import "models/PTModelController.h":
    Code:
    #import <AVFoundation/AVFoundation.h>
    #import <AdSupport/AdSupport.h>
    #import <AudioToolbox/AudioToolbox.h>
    #import <CFNetwork/CFNetwork.h>
    #import <CoreGraphics/CoreGraphics.h>
    #import <CoreImage/CoreImage.h>
    #import <CoreLocation/CoreLocation.h>
    #import <CoreMedia/CoreMedia.h>
    #import <CoreMotion/CoreMotion.h>
    #import <CoreTelephony/CoreTelephonyDefines.h>
    #import <CoreVideo/CoreVideo.h>
    #import <FBAudienceNetwork/FBAudienceNetwork.h>
    #import <Foundation/Foundation.h>
    #import <GLKit/GLKit.h>
    #import <GoogleMobileAds/GoogleMobileAds.h>
    #import <MediaPlayer/MediaPlayer.h>
    #import <MessageUI/MessageUI.h>
    #import <MobileCoreServices/MobileCoreServices.h>
    #import <QuartzCore/QuartzCore.h>
    #import <SafariServices/SafariServices.h>
    #import <Security/Security.h>
    #import <StoreKit/StoreKit.h>
    #import <SystemConfiguration/SystemConfiguration.h>
    #import <UIKit/UIKit.h>
    #import <VideoToolbox/VideoToolbox.h>
    #import <WebKit/WebKit.h>
    //import OpenGLES
    #include <OpenGLES/ES2/gl.h>
    #include <OpenGLES/ES2/glext.h>
    #include <OpenGLES/ES3/gl.h>
    #include <OpenGLES/ES3/glext.h>

#import <HeyzapAds/HeyzapAds.h>
    4. Add this code to the AppController.mm file just after - (BOOL)application:(UIApplication *)application didFinishLaunchingWithOptions:(NSDictionary *)launchOptions {
    Code:
        [HeyzapAds startWithPublisherID: @"YOUR_HEYZAP_ID"];
    Then it should work.

9. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

Okay. It's compiling fine. But still getting bad requests. Pretty sure I'm doing something wrong.

Double checking everything and now I'm second guessing my values.

In BuildBox->Project Settings->Advertisments->Heyzap Publisher ID

Should that be my Publisher ID or API KEY from: https://developers.heyzap.com/account

I've been using the Publisher ID, but now I'm wondering why we then paste it in the AppController.mm file too?

Where would we ever use the API Key?

I meant I had all other networks "switched" off and only Heyzap set to deliver ads. To me that means mediation is "off".

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This is from the Android Tutorial, but it applies to the iOS tutorial as well. Unfortunately the forum doesn't let me change my post anymore so I can't update it anymore, the link I posted there doesn't work anymore since Heyzap deleted the Buildbox tutorial. But here you go:

BUILDBOX SETUP

1. Go to https://developers.heyzap.com/account and copy your Publisher ID
    2. Open your Buildbox project and go to Settings/Advertisements
    3. Select Google Play Store as your Application Store
    4. Paste your Heyzap Publisher ID into the corresponding field
    5. Set up Facebook and AdMob in the Banners Priority List
    6. Click on OK
    [​IMG]

NOTE: Do not set up any other Ad Networks here because we will run everything through Heyzap Mediation. Leave all other IDs blank.

7. From the Buildbox Flow Chart page, select a box (for example Game Over). Under "Advanced Options" on the right sidebar, choose Heyzap for the "Ad Interstitial" and the "Banner" field. Then set the frequency of the ads and repeat this step for all other menus you want Heyzap Mediation ads to appear (Game Field, Pause Menu, Main Menu).
    [​IMG]

And yes, in Buildbox it is the ID and in Xcode again, the ID. Good question about the API key. Not sure what it is for... :D

11. GTE Games

GTE Games Avid Boxer

@Christoph Thanks for all the help. I've got it sorted out now, uploaded a new version and waiting for review. Went a bit of a different route, but it's working great.

Thanks again!

Christoph likes this.
  12. bluemoonstudios

bluemoonstudios Avid Boxer

That link is broken, do you have a working link mate? I am also having issues and i cant get an earlier SDK. cheers bud

13. redmondking

redmondking Boxer

Hey if you need the old links on the Heyzap website just send customer support an email explaining to them you are using buildbox and they will re-enable heyzap v9 sdk docs to your username. Then when you log in and go to the docs it will Heyzap 9 docs will reappear. As of now Heyzap 9 sdk docs are still available to me until buildbox supports sdk 10. This only took like 10 minutes.

14. bluemoonstudios

bluemoonstudios Avid Boxer

I emailed support a few days ago and i am still waiting ti hear back from them

15. az_dragon2000

az_dragon2000 Boxer

@GTE Games how did you manage to fix the problem?
    I have Heyzap set up as my only video network in my game. Heyzap it's connected with AdColony.

But the problem is when I export from BuildBox in the Project/Libs/Ads/PTAdHeyzap there are two things:
    libPTAdHeyzap.a
    sdk. This directory contains HeyzapAds.framework.

If I try to add the 10.2.0 HeyzapAds.framework to the project in my console 9.6.5 is still used because as to my understanding libPTAdHeyzap.a loads the HeyzapAds.framework. I also receive Error! Failed to get networks from Heyzap. Retrying in 10 seconds
    If I try to replace the HeyzapAds.framework in the sdk version with the 10.2.0 version, the project no longer builds saying:
    Code:
    Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
      "_OBJC_CLASS_$_HZBannerAd", referenced from:
          objc-class-ref in libPTAdHeyzap.a(PTAdHeyzap.o)
        (maybe you meant: _OBJC_CLASS_$_HZBannerAdController, _OBJC_CLASS_$_HZBannerAdOptions )
    ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
    I don't know how to proceed from here.
    Also maybe @Andy you have an idea on how to fix this.

16. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

HeyZap 10.x is not a drop in replacement for the 9.x SDK. You cannot just update this in the Buildbox export. (If there are no API changes normally this is not an issue with any ad network.)

It's possible export Buildbox without HeyZap support and then add HeyZap 10.x as a custom ad network. But you would not be able to use it for rewarded video in this case. In almost every case I would just wait for the next release with HeyZap 10.x already integrated... it's coming real soon now, less than a week hopefully.

17. az_dragon2000

az_dragon2000 Boxer

18. redmondking

redmondking Boxer

Hey email nick@heyzap.com. He was the one who re-enabled it for me and was quick to respond.

19. mvgalle

mvgalle Boxer

@Andy sounds like you all at buildbox have a plan to resolve the heyzap issue. I'll hold off for a few days in implementing a workaround for Heyzap 10 and just wait for the new BB update. Much thanks. :)

20. Tarsier Games

Tarsier Games Avid Boxer

Hey @Andy any news on SDK 10?