Having Problems With Level Buttons

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by volcank, Aug 25, 2017.

1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi all,

I am just trying to create a game with like many levels. It will have buttons to select the game. The way I did it before with Menu Jump Style it worked perfect but this time I am trying to make it with Session Points. So when the character kills like 12 enemies he/she can jump to the next level. It works fine The Congratulation screen comes over in which I added Unlock option. So for now testing I created like 20 levels which are all the same actually will edit later. But what happens is I can progress through levels and the buttons are unlocked each time only when I get out of the game and reopen the game I see a problem. The buttons are unlocked but when I touch them they don't go to the level.

My settings are.

Level 1 Button - straight Navigation button to level 1 as always

Level 2 Button - Locked button with a 2 and a locked image button imported in it.

Function - Default
    Unlock - Default
    Destination - Scene
    World- Level2
    Scene - Start

Auto Follow and Auto Locks are not ticked.

The rest buttons are set same as above only like in Level 3 button World is set to Level 3 and so forth.

Each Level has its own Congratulations UI in which I have separate unlock. So If unlock 6 it is:

Unlock Type - Unlock Button

Object - Level 2 etc.

Also in Game Mind Map The buttons are connected to the related worlds. I don't know if I should use checkpoints at all but somehow that seems unrelated.
    I would appreciate help. @Astro Games @Andy @heathclose

2. Astro Games

Astro Games Avid Boxer

I have no idea because I've never used Session Points, sorry. Maybe 'session' is a problem here?
    I'll add some more guys as I can see they seem to have mastered lots of BB tricks: @jcalle @AaroArts @MechKrane

volcank likes this.
  3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @Astro Games I solved it actually! Just bear in mind if you are using Session Points and not a Menu Jump to progress level,at each game scene you need to use an Action with "set check point" right at where the character starts the game.

Also at for both the event observer and the button functions set all of them to start checkpoint. That way the buttons will work and have the player continue the game at that specific level.

Insanity and Astro Games like this.