H.c.i. Make My Character Die When He Misses A Coin?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by ThomasC, Nov 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ThomasC

ThomasC Boxer

Hi forum,

new to buildbox here. I'm making a game (in the default setup) that basically rains coins down and I want my character to die when he misses a coin (or a coin passes him by). Any ideas on how to make this work?

Or just in general how to cause game over without character-enemy collision?

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Boxer

soo I think I found a way to do this. Now just need to know how I can cause game over when an enemy collides with another enemy or and enemy collides with???....

3. Mr Goodcat

Mr Goodcat Boxer

make an action which triggers game over and put it in the enemy death animation?

ThomasC likes this.
  4. ThomasC

ThomasC Boxer

Thank you Mr Goodcat. I'm trying this now, but how do I make an action which triggers game over? I see an action kill all enemy's, but in this case I need the action to just be kill character. Is it in the "gameplay" action where I can achieve this?

5. Mr Goodcat

Mr Goodcat Boxer

One way to do this is just to:
    A- Create your Action and put it in the enemy death animation.

B - Then Create an object which is set to kill character only and no collide. Place this in the action animation (this is what the action will call). Scale the object up to fill the screen so that it will make contact with the character where ever it is triggered.

ThomasC likes this.