"group Selection" Activate Connection Mode

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by CREAZCYK, Aug 21, 2016.

1. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

Could Buildbox make it possible I hope in the near future in new updates , that you can do "group selection" like Selection Tool Rectangle or Circle in Activate Connection Mode . I know you can connect 3 Single Objects and then it moves as a Single Object. Like my new Character here is made out of 12 single Objects , now if that would be in the future possible that I can select the Whole Character as Groups Selection and let the 12 single objects move together as 1 Single Object . My prayers go to you Buildbox :)
    [​IMG]

roy likes this.
  2. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

Hi Nihat , I tried it but when I connected more then 3 objects , it didn't worked correctly that they move as one single unit .

3. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Are you sure? Maybe you didn't turn off connection mode after connecting objects?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    CREAZCYK likes this.
  4. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

I understood that , you are talking in the building mode . But What I am talking about is My character in building mode has all together 12 Objects independent from each other now I want to connect them as 1 single unit , lets say when I add to my character the "path" right ,so later in "PREVIEW" then the 12 objects don't move as one single unit instead lets say only 3 objects move the path and the rest 9 objects staying in the start position meanwhile the other 3 objects moving along the "path"

5. ZikZak

ZikZak Boxer

I've just tried something and all grouped objects (5) moved together. I didn't use path though. I set 'Linear Velocity' to 5 for the main object (body), from which I hade drawn connections to each other object. (I made a figure with hat, head, body and two legs)

CREAZCYK likes this.
  6. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

Exactly , I know they move together but if you give the Logic PATH to that character they don't move as a single unit , that's why I hope and wish that Buildbox will support that in the future with and update new feature:)

ZikZak likes this.
  7. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

You could put all the objects for your character inside the character animation using the Animation Editor. It has some limitations, but would accomplish what your looking for as far as movement is concerned.

CREAZCYK and roy like this.
  8. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

Maybe I explained it wrong :) English is my second language . So here on the Photo below , I explain it from step 1 to step 3 . I know you can draw a character as one element. But when you build a character with different objects its a bit tougher :)
    [​IMG]

9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

CREAZCYK likes this.
  10. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

11. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

One limitation is that you can still only have a single collision shape. The end result of doing this is that you have a single object.

CREAZCYK likes this.
  12. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

Thumbs up Andy ! Thank you, it worked :D

13. trudnai

trudnai Miniboss Boxer

CREAZCYK likes this.
  14. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

Ya, I'm really liking this ...everyone was giving this game a hard time with style choice and this is just getting better and better and better and has my interest... I can't wait to see this game...

My only concern with all these images is that your atlases will be very large and might not play well on mobile... If you are developing for desktop only, I don't think it's a concern, but, are you following best practices when it comes to importing images? Importing only the size you need to, or smaller and scaling up if they still look good? Are you deleting unused objects? images? sounds?

Looking at that character above it just looks fantastic... I love what you're doing man, and if this is how you get inspired to learn buildbox, keep going...

CREAZCYK, Andy and ZikZak like this.
  15. CREAZCYK

CREAZCYK Avid Boxer

Thank you Heathclose, ! I take care of everything :D .No worries I think it will go more in the direction Desktop but lets see. I make the difference I have my own Style I had a lot of amazing feedback from co workers etc. I want to keep my style to show the opportunity How far and what else you can do with Buildbox. Because most of the Games I have seen so far with Buildbox 99% have the same Style. I want to make the difference my Style is harder to build but hey I love it I want to make EPIC Games an EYE catcher and show the people that Buildbox can do much more . thanks a lot that you like it Heathclose , trust me I keep going and that is just the beginning ;)