Got This From A Publisher

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by eyal, Dec 19, 2016.

1. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

sounds like a great plan - can you share with us your FB page ?

Christoph likes this.
  2. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

Thank you for putting Kika here :) but I agree. Kika which is a great game went with appsolutegames - what can I say ? because we have not been picked by Apple then we are lost in space. We had downloads from the cross promotion but that's it.

You know where we see success ? in the educational category.
    At the moment we don't see it in games.
    Everybody is talking about color switch and the BB guys are marketing on top of it which is their right but it's just selling a dream.
    There are amazing games out there, built with other engines that no one downloads - and these guys present in shows, win awards - and nothing.
    There is no right answer here, or an amazing solution. There will always be abnormality like - tinywings, flappybird, color switch to name a few.
    As I see what I do, I look at it as a real estate company. I accumulate assets. some are amazing. some are shit. I look at my return on investment. I look at other markets (categories) to be at. This is the only way to make a great business.

3. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

@Christoph couldn't have said it any better man :)

Christoph likes this.
  4. horsthuber05

horsthuber05 Boxer

I agree!

5. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Sure, Can find me on FB, Joshua Higgins. Not hard to miss....Im the guy with a box on his head.
    Ive had about 15 random videos that have cleared 1 million views. Highest on a single post was about 10 million. But it brought the crowed in. I continue to post and bring more people in to follow me. I got close to 5000 followers within weeks of doing this. In time i plan to get it up to about 20,000 followers. Of course on FB you can only have 5000 friends. I use my personal FB for this, as well as a new PAGE i made not long ago for it all. Search BoxHead to find that page. Just created a twitter for the first time yesterday lol. New to this tweeting thingy. Find me @TheBoxHeaded

Jaky1 likes this.
  6. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

@OneHitGamer That is great man. When did you start it? how much time it took you?

AppNasty likes this.
  7. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Mmmmmm about a year ago. I started building my FB and within first week had a few million views total. Then over the course of this past year i hit about 40 million all together. I marketed myself in many ways. Using the BoxHead thing to entertain. Made about 30 FB pages, Utilized a few of my websites with Adsense and Amazon affiliation to generate money. Etc. Now im doing this whole BuildBox thing. But i havent even began to market it yet. Just a post here and there. Im 34, ever since i was about 17 i had always been able to draw in crowds. OneHitGamer used to be my site about game hacking and i had around 350,000 registered members. Millions of viewers and even my codes in GameShark magazines in stores. Interview with a japanese game magazine. Did some side work for Empire Interactive at 18 [Makers of FlatOut game series] where i would hack their games and report the holes so they can patch them. Fast forward through the years to today and im still trucking. The kicker was when i was younger, There wasnt many options to monetize. Even when i used to do YouTube, it was before YouTube had Monetization option. SO i was just doing it all free. For fun.

8. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

@OneHitGamer That is awesome man. Creative from young age

AppNasty likes this.
  9. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

Got it. Thanks!

10. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

I don't recall seeing your name on my cap table or you being in any of my company meetings. You have no idea what our financials are. You have no idea what we budget. You have no idea about our analytics or what our plans are for any of our releases. So with that said, who the hell are you to say whether anything that we do is a failure or not? You just made one pompously jackass of a statement since you know nothing about me or my businesses.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  11. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

* Drama intensifies *

12. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Cool down there guys.

13. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

maybe he mean that it dosnt get featured or get to top 200 up, i even didnt know that was released until i saw a youtube vid and look for it in the appstore.

14. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Yes sir. Was about 7 and creating my own comic books lol. Whilst everyone else was steadily outside playing or sitting on couch playing their Super Nintendo or Sega Genesis, I was in my room with paper taped to my walls drawing entire scenes from Mortal Kombat. Hahaha!

Jaky1 likes this.
  15. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Haha gr8

16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Sorry mate. I didn't meant to start a war here. My sincere apologies if I was too direct or did say something that got you harassed. I genuinely thought we were talking about why some games aren't doing great and that we were about to find out together what we can do about it. In fact, I also thought that this was the reason you joined this thread. And it for sure would be very valuable if you can share your point of view with us. But you obviously don't want to. That's ok too. No need to attack me because of that.

I admit, I absolutely don't know anything about your analytics or financials, I didn't say so either I think. I only know what you say here in the forum and of course, I did my research as well (I always do because I want to learn as much as I can to succeed). So just to defend myself a little in front of your personal attack, I do know that your downloads are at 2-3k because gamecenter says so. I also do know that it reached place 1139 in the US for all top games and that it wasn't featured anywhere (AppAnnie). I know that you paid money for advertisment (5 figure = $10k or more) because you said so (see your own post here in this thread at page 1) and I also know that you always promise to get every accepted game into the top 100 of all games (or was it the top 25?... I'm too lazy to search for the particular post). Ah and you also said that each game will get at least 100k downloads. So I guess something definitely went wrong here and in my humble opinion and point of view, this is a failure. It is okay that you think otherwise, we can think about success and failure differently. In this sense, I'm sorry that I included your game in this small list, I could have chosen a lot of other games, but in the end I didn't because as I said, I thought there was a huge opportunity to talk purely about what really is happening in the industry. I also was really interested in the marketing part because the fact that you spend money on a game's release puts you apart from all other publishers (besides the big ones).

The mentioned quote:
    Having said that, I wish you Gregory and all others reading this all the best in 2017, a lot of success, happiness and health to you and your loved ones! Happy New Year everybody!

jcalle, Jaky1, playsgames6666 and 3 others like this.
  17. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Lets all SUCK at game making and promotions together! yay!

Jaky1 likes this.
  18. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Man what if we could make a fb page or something of selected people. In time I am sure it will grow very much if we keep people engaged. We would present our games at that page to our users and believe me we will not need publishers.. Look af fb pages with thousands of active people.. We can do that man.

19. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

there is already a few Facebook pages.

Christoph likes this.
  20. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Where? Which? o_O