Google Dev or Amazon Dev? Weird Issue

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by ruhm64, Jan 9, 2016.

1. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

I recently had a major issue with Eclipse and all that excitement. But I found a bug which was causing my app to crash at the "Loading" screen on the APK Alpha Test on Google Dev Console. So I just figured it was my HTC One M9 and was going to let it go.
    In the meantime, until I figure out what the hang up is, I went ahead and tested it through Amazon on my Kindle Fire 2015 (the $49 Kindle Fire) and it worked perfectly fine.
    The app got released on the Amazon app store today and I just decided to say what the heck, I'll see if I can download an Amazon app store app to my HTC One. Well you need to get the Amazon app and search for the app there but they still work. Android based that is. I searched for my app, downloaded it and what do you know?? It works without any issues. No crashing on the loading screen, which I still have not found the reason for it doing so with the Alpha test APK.
    Is anyone else completely mind blown by this or is it just me?

Things that are exactly the same on the APK for both stores are as follows:
    - The game structure
    - The Keystore info and all that cool Eclipse stuff
    - The fact that I developed it

Only thing that is different is Amazon puts their own signature on top of yours.

playsgames6666 likes this.
  2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

check your messages.
    i Found your problem.

ruhm64 likes this.
  3. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

Yes. Make sure you know where your Game Services ID is located. It is the set of numbers next to your icon in the top left corner on the Game Services in dev console.