Glitch/delay From Ui To Ui

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by kidrise20, Aug 15, 2018.

1. kidrise20

kidrise20 Boxer

I need help, when i go from my gameover ui screen to the menu ui theres like a delay/glitch that shows my world and its also does this going from my character shop back to the menu. Is there any way to fix this?

it doesn't glitch/lag going from world to gameover or hitting replay after you die.

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

No way to fix it.

It's one of the unfortunate bugs that really annoys but never got fixed. What you can do is to place a background world to the UI so at least it doesn't show the 'real' world underneath. In this 'fix' world you can place a huge color image so it shows up like your background from the UIs. Not very nice but I do that sometimes since it still looks better than showing the 'real' world underneath.

Hope that helps.

3. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Hey @kidrise20 and @Christoph, I might be stating the obvious here, but have you made sure the "Close Frames" of your Game Over UI is set to 0? I've also seen this glitch a happen in the past, in a quiz game I built and that only used multiple UI's with no scenes and I changed the close frames from the default 40 frames, to 0 frames and the glitch went away. If you don't have a background on your game over scene, you will still see the previous world displayed underneath your game over UI, this is because the game over scene is overlaid on top of the last world played. Add a background to your game over UI and set 'close frames' to 0 and you should be good to go.

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yeah. It has absolutely nothing to do with the close animation. In fact you can have all three in 0 and it still happens.

The most annoying is when you put ads interstitials. It always happens. It’s a lag/delay of showing the UIs.

Would be amazing to see this fixed @NikRudenko

5. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

If you use Back Jump instead of a connection in the Mind Map, you won’t see this glitch.

6. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

If you guys talking about like half a second delay between UI transitions this is due to Interstitials.
    If you disable interstitials this will be gone.
    Every time when Interstitial about to show there is artificial half a second delay to prevent accidental clicks.
    About year ago google came to us and they said we have to do something about it.
    This delay is only happened when system is about to show interstitials only.
    It is very visible in Preview during development since there is no ADS in Editor. But on iOS or Android with ads this issue will not be noticeable since ads will pop up instead.

Let me know guys if we talking about the same issue :)

7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Actually no, Nik, it's not the same. There is a moment the world is visible underneath. It happens with and without interstitials. And it shouldn't happen either way. What you are describing is only half of the problem. So it shows an interstitial and when it ends you will see for half a second or so the world until the UI kicks in. But it happens as well without interstitials but completely random. Oh and it obviously happens as well when there is supposedly an interstitial but no fill. All are pretty annoying tbh because it really looks like an error, even for the most casual player out there. People think: oh, I'm back in the game even though they are not, only switching between UIs. And then they are taken to another UI. It is visually very visible and confuses the player a lot.

8. NikRudenko

NikRudenko Administrator Staff Member

Hm ok I see. I think I can remove this delay (I think we added that during BB1) before animated UI was possible.
    But you guys need to took care of accidental ad clicks :). To do so you need to first show Game Stats (usually points and stuff) and then right after show restart button. we are talking about 0.3-0.5 of a second here.
    Like this:
    [​IMG]

And then everyone will be happy :)
    Right ?

9. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

haha, at least I would be very happy. I know others too. But not sure if everybody.
    The thing is that the delay actually shows up after the advertising. Not before. So I think it wouldn't change this behavior?

Love that gif. Nice game!

10. kidrise20

kidrise20 Boxer

Thanks @NikRudenko it went away after i turned the ads to none. so when i turn ads back and they're actually running on the app this delay won't happen? I'm only making sure because when i had the ads on the delay also happen going from my charter shop exiting back to the mean menu.

(as of right now ads are set to none and everything is running smooth)

11. Kanishk Sachdeva

Kanishk Sachdeva Avid Boxer

I am experiencing the same problem with BB3 , how can I correct this problem ?