Getaway Gary - Buildbox 2.0 Game by Insomniapp Studio is Live

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by ulseev, Jun 8, 2016.

1. ulseev

ulseev Boxer

I can't believe it, but my first game is live on the iOS App Store!

Download Getaway Gary for iOS for Free

I'll make a long story short. I signed up for Trey Smith's blog about 4 or 5 years ago. I've always wanted to create an app and get it published and I started taking Objective C then Swift classes to learn how to code, and I messed around with Unity and a few other development platforms over the years but I was working full time as a technical project manager and never had a ton of time to dedicate to getting better.

About 4 months ago, I decided to check out Buildbox. I watched a few videos then started messing around with some of the pre-builts and started having some fun. I finally found a platform that I could learn pretty quickly, and it made what would be very difficult coding tasks and wrapped them in to some drag-and-drops and settings. I envisioned a simple platformer game and got to work putting it together.

Getaway Gary is a challenging game with a simple, single game mechanic. I was able to do some pretty cool stuff with it (at least for a first version) and I learned a a lot along the way. It was a fun process to go through.

I sent it out to a handful of friends through TestFlight and they really liked it. They gave me some great feedback and I went through about 2 months of iterations. Just a couple of days ago, it was approved for release.

I'm so pysched I was able to create a game completely on my own and get it to market, in just under 3 months! There's a lot more I'd like to do with it, but I'm really happy with the way it's turned out for the first version.

I hope you check it out and I really appreciate any feedback!

Cheers,

Chris
    Insomniapp Studio

telerebor likes this.
  2. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

Congrats buddy!! Game looks fun. Your story sounds almost the same as mine. From C++ to swift to unity and now BuildBox. Buildbox has really been a time saver.

3. ulseev

ulseev Boxer

Awesome! Thanks man. Yeah it's been a lot of fun. Buildbox 2.0 is sweet! Looking forward to checking out The Witching Hour!

4. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

Thanks!! It should be out...soonish lol. Couple of bugs here and there that need fixing.