Game Speed

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by drew, Feb 8, 2016.

1. drew

drew Boxer

Hi, does anyone here experience the game speed get slow after import project on xcode? I open the ptplayer.xcodeproj in xcode and test it in the simulator, but the game speed is so slow. in the rate of 0-10 (10 being fast) in the simulator the speed rate is 3, if I push the game in an actual device the speed rate gets 6 or 7. do you know how to fix this? or any ideas that I could do to fix it. thanks guys.

2. ThoPel

ThoPel Boxer

Don't test your games with the iOS simulator, it is everytime very very slow - even if you have only one character and nothing else in the game :) Use each time a real device.

3. drew

drew Boxer

@ThoPel thanks for the info, but yes, I am also using a iphone4 to test the game. it's still very slow. the speed in the preview of bb, is not like the speed of the game in real device. what can you suggest? do I have to adjust the game speed in bb?

4. ThoPel

ThoPel Boxer

@drew I would use a newer test device if iPhone is the main target. If you are optimizing all for an iPhone 4 it could be much too fast on newer devices.

I have recently read that about 100 million iPhone 6 or newer are active in USA. Your iPhone 4 is round about 5.5 years old :)

5. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I pulled out my iPhone 3GS to test on.. Haven't tried it yet, don't even know if it will run anything, but looking forward to seeing...

6. drew

drew Boxer

@ThoPel I see, ok will try to find a new phone to test on.. thanks ;) @heathclose looking forward to hear about your tests. :)