Game getting slow in android

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by sampathkumar914, Dec 19, 2015.

1. sampathkumar914

sampathkumar914 Boxer

I have created a game and when i play in android the game goes very slow some animations are not working properly. Is there any problem with logic pieces. And also how to add back button in android.

2. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

On the Game Over and Pause screen you can drag a button from the left and on the right hand side choose back from the drop down menu.

3. sampathkumar914

sampathkumar914 Boxer

Thank you and any idea why game is getting slow my character moves slowly. It works fine on system.

4. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

The game becoming slow could be due to many factors:
    Lots of physics or too many animations there could be a lot of contributing factors.

When I use my tablet (android) and I I first boot it up I have lots of emails that get synced and my game runs slow until its finished, if I wait till thats done then I usually don't have issues. You may not experience the same, just trying to point out that it could be a bunch of different things.

Also keep in mind that when you develop on a computer its much more powerful than a smart device (tablets / phones) so even though it may run perfectly on your development system it may not do so good on a smart device.

I try to reuse objects as much as possible to keep atlas file sizes down (and always try and use power of 2, not sure if this matters) as well and Im definitely not an expert or anywhere near and sorry I couldn't help more but I try and limit too many animations and too many physics objects moving around at the same time on screen.. along with optimizing images (file size).

5. netkomm

netkomm Avid Boxer

keep in mind that the way Android works is different compared to iOS: while iOS runs a task at the time (let alone those in background that have, anyway, a low priority), Android has a more powerful multitasking and can run more than 1 app concurrently and therefore having (potentially) slower performance compared to iOS.

6. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hey, make sure you have many objects in the same scene, if they are moving, etc ...
    With more than 50 objects in motion, I see slow Android.

The collision points on objects also has processing.

Check Atlasses size, maximum 2 Atlasses, of 2048px x 2048px

You could show some example?

7. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

8. sampathkumar914

sampathkumar914 Boxer

Hi i have 17atlasses in my game how can i reduce it.

9. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

Hello,

1- In the "Tools" menu, "Remove Unused Level Object" and "Remove Unused Image Objects".
    2- In View, "Atlases", press "optimize" and "Optimize Atlases" and "Rebuild"

https://www.buildbox.com/tutorials/

Maximum 2 Atlasses, of 2048px x 2048px
    Perfect 1 Atlasses, of 2048px x 2048px

10. sampathkumar914

sampathkumar914 Boxer

Thanks actually i cant see all options in buildbox its not responsive to my screen

11. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

You have resize the window of Atlasses, for view the options.

12. strawmann

strawmann Boxer

I've been battling this problem for days and finally figured out a solution.
    My game is a jumping bottle flip clone. I was running between 22-31 fps on my Android.
    So, I increase the Gravity and the Jump Force's Y-axis and Z-axis until it felt right.
    The BB simulator runs around 60 fps, so it feels WAAAAY too fast. But on a slow Android, it's almost perfect.
    These may not work for you exactly the same, but try tweaking your physics settings similarly. Maybe it'll help.