Game Frame Not Causing Game Over? Even With Red Frame.

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by ThomasC, May 22, 2018.

1. ThomasC

ThomasC Boxer

Hey guys,

making a snake vs block type of game and want to call game over once my character gets caught and dragged to the bottom of the screen. I've made my game frame red on the top and bottom, but still not causing game over when dragged down.

However, when I change my characters movement and move into the red game frame I do have game over.

It's like when my character gets caught by a block and dragged down- the game frame stays centered on my character. Any idea why or how to change that? Thanks :)

2. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Have you turned on Debug Mode in the Preview Windows to see whats going on? That should help you located the issue.

3. ThomasC

ThomasC Boxer

Hey Andy, yeah I tried that to see, but debug mode doesn't show much with the game frame.

I know there's a way because it works like this in some BB gameplay types like fall switch, where the character gets trapped at the top- only I'm trying to do it in default mode where character gets trapped at the bottom. Can't figure out why it doesn't cause game over.

4. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

yeah man don't know whats going on there really without seeing the bbdoc!
    can only think its a game or character speed issue and the character isn't actually hitting the game frame but totally in sync speed wise so doesn't technically connect with the frame!

5. ThomasC

ThomasC Boxer

Found a solution here. There's probably a better way of doing this. I just placed an enemy at the bottom of gameplay field (around the same place where the game frames red line is) and I set it's speed equal to that of the characters movement and now when the character gets caught he gets dragged down to the bottom of the screen where the enemy awaits and collides causing game over.

AndyG likes this.