Game Crashes After Including License Key, Bundle Id And Leaderboard Id. Please Help!

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Dreadnought, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Boxer

Hi there!

After I include the License Key, Bundle ID and Leaderboard ID in the project settings in Buildbox, the game crashes when I install the apk. I get the error "Unfortunately, *Game Name* has stopped".

If I remove the details and generate a new APK using android studio, the apk works just fine on the device. I don't get what's the issue and would really appreciate it if someone could guide me with this.

Hope to hear soon.

Thanks,
    Vish

2. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

You do not indicate many things.
    Try creating the APK in Eclipse.
    Try to remove only the license, leaving the Leaderboard.

I am not sure, but it is possible that the APP is closed because when checking the license, you see that it has not been downloaded from the official store, and it closes.

Dreadnought likes this.
  3. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Boxer

Hey! Thanks for the message. I did as you asked me to and it worked. Thank you so much for that!

I removed the license key and only kept the leaderboard ID. However, I generated an APK using Android Studio and installed it on my android device (One+ One). The game runs just as before but the game services will not work. Does this also require the apk to be published to Google Play Store in order to have the leaderboard work?

Usually when you launch an android game for the first time, you will experience the google play services sign-in pop up asking you to select your email address linked to Google Play. Whereas with my game, it does not show the pop-up. I have also created an 'Action Button' and assigned the Game Services action to it and it can be accessed as a leaderboard button on the end-game screen. However, tapping on the button does nothing. So I'm wondering what to do.

Thank you so much for your time. I truly appreciate your help!

4. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Boxer

I
    I got it to work! Thanks again :)

5. sharma.shivam

sharma.shivam Avid Boxer

bro,how did you do it??
    i had published my app in the playstore and i was thinking to add leaderboard in the next version.
    but my app crashed after exporting the apk on my device when i entered the licence id and other stuffs.
    If I remove the details and generate a new apk using android studio, the apk works just fine on the device.
    any suggestion??Also in many apps we often see google play services sign-in pop up asking you to
    select your email address how do it done??

thanks

6. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Boxer

I removed the license key and kept everything else and it worked.

7. sharma.shivam

sharma.shivam Avid Boxer

#edited
    hi,thank you for the reply bro.:)
    bro i created a new apk(without licence key) using android studio but it is still crashed.
    i compared the report bug of the two apk's (with and without licence key)
    but the report bug was completely same.i get this in my bug report everytime.
    any suggestion please??

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017