Fringe Rise

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Pandemonium, May 5, 2016.

1. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

@nanovation What large network and how are you marketing the games?

2. nanovation

nanovation Boxer

@Gregory Storm We have stated that we did NOT write the description and the description has been provided by the developer of Fringe Rise, just like all other developers provide us the meta data. We are just the publisher and do NOT write the content.

We are trying to help developers publish their games and have been quite successful at it so far. Yet, now we are getting bashed for no reason.

3. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

@Gregory Storm - We had to action 12 take downs this week alone so as I mentioned it's a bit raw right now - I never meant this to get out of hand, it just seemed that everywhere I went this week I was looking at our stuff being ripped ( works out almost 2 day ) - and I'm not talking clones, full on rips just as you described what happened to you - anyways, I didn't mean to take over this thread, but for the record, I was told by the dev that Nano did the description and he knew it was ripped, now they come on and say it was him - I rest my face.

Enough already, and I'm sure when it happens to any dev on here they will understand.

4. nanovation

nanovation Boxer

@Kevin W so are you saying that the developer stated that we wrote the description? IF this is the case, we will then have to speak with the developer about this.

5. Aaron F

Aaron F Avid Boxer

Ok guys this is getting out of hand. Let's take this to a private conversation so you can iron it out. Congrats on the feature by the way.

Christoph likes this.
  6. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

All done now for me :) All good

7. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

So are you saying you are the one who copied @Kevin W's description?

Hi Fred @nanovation. I hate it when people give false, fake, or phony apologies. When you use statements like "IF" we did something wrong" it makes the apology feckless.

You did do something wrong. Period. It was nothing criminal or unforgivable, but wrong nonetheless. For you to say you're being "bashed for no reason" means you think you did nothing wrong, thus illuminating your fake apology.

If you want to be seen in a better light, act better. And what I mean by that is don't use words like "if" when it's clear that you did or whine about getting "bashed" when people are pointing out facts.

I don't think the reaction would have been the same if you said something like....

I'm sorry @Kevin W. You are correct in that Nanovation used your description for one of our recent games. Even though we are not the ones who wrote the description in question, the game was released under our banner and we take full responsibility for our brand and our integrity and we will immediately have the description changed. In addition, for the inconvenience, we would like to send you some installs or cross-promote one of your games for free.

THAT is how you apologize when you mean it.

8. Pandemonium

Pandemonium Boxer

@Gregory Storm - English is not my native language - so Yes - I am the one who copied the description.
    -- I had maybe 20 descriptions in a .TXT file and I was trying a mix-and-match of sentences and ended up with that one. Model & Improve. Lots of people here do the same and lots of people in this thread say it's no big deal - but I guess everyone has their own POV. Nanovation does 0 creative work - only marketing.

- Why the bashing continues is beyond me - I guess forums will be forums.

- And why Greg now formulates a rulebook on how an apology should look like is also beyond me.

- I've said everything I have to say on the matter in my previous post - now I'm confirming it - and I'm done with this.

bmsingha and Christoph like this.
  9. nanovation

nanovation Boxer

@Pandemonium Thank you for clearly our name.

It is sad that so much time was wasted on this non-sense by people on this forum.

While this non-sense was spread, your game Fringe Rise has been growing in the charts even further, and you have been making nice revenue and will continue to make nice revenue.

10. brakewind723

brakewind723 Serious Boxer

Uhm congrats on the feature! Hope there is no bad blood :oops::rolleyes:

11. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

It's really sad to see that a game description is what is causing all this. If the description is word for word then I have a problem with that but if not same, then why bring this up. This could have been done in private.

This forum will end up loosing its value with all this.

Pandemonium and brakewind723 like this.
  12. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

@Kevin W So...............Can I copy your description?? o_O
    I kid, I kid. :)
    Lets move on and congratulate our fellow Build Boxer on a great game.

13. Qdeveloper

Qdeveloper Avid Boxer

Congrats for the Dev, I saw the game in the top categorizes yesterday :).

Regarding the issue people are facing about app description similarities, I'm surprised this have worked with Apple, Just be warned Google will ban any app or game losing all your downloads and revenues, When it's fail to deliver a honest description or if it's copying other apps description, Not only that even some words are enough to delete your app from GooglePlay store if you use trademarked products names.

You will deal with Bots and not human when this happens ;)

Jamie and Gregory Storm like this.
  14. Brocky120

Brocky120 Avid Boxer

Is a games description Copyright...?