Force an object or scene to apear at a given distance

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by EZKad, Jun 10, 2016.

1. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

Hello community,

Is there a way to make a scene or an object apear after a given distance ?
    in case of aligned scenes it's easy, I just have to put a scene at this distance aligned with other scenes.

but in case of stacked scenes I didn't found any clean way to make sure that an object apear for sure at a given distance and only one time.

I thought of a solution but it's not clean : it consists in duplicating all scenes and stack them before and after the scene to apear at a given distance .... but since I need such behaviour about 10 times in my game, it'll require 10 duplications, which will over load the game and make it impossible to maintain.

is there a cleaner solution for this ?

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

search the forums for threads about using random and aligned scenes together...

3. EZKad

EZKad Avid Boxer

@healoboyd thank you I found the tread, but it's not what I want to do

Actually, I know how to combine aligned and stacked scenes this is not the issue.

but let's say that I have those stacked scenes : S1, S2 ... Sn
    and I want to display a scene A1 at 10000 px and A2 at 20000px .....etc

now I want the player to play (S1,S2 .... Sn) randomly till 10000px then display A1 then play again (S1, S2 ... Sn) randomly for 10000px then display A2 ....etc

this is not possible without duplicating all stacked scenes S1->n many times.

what's needed here is an option to force a scene to apear at a given position.