For Anyone Having Checkpoint Troubles Between Scenes

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by thatguyminib, Dec 14, 2017.

1. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

[​IMG]

First, you need to create two actions one as a set checkpoint and the other as a next checkpoint.

Then on the first level, you drag the next checkpoint into your scene.

On the second level, you drag the set checkpoint.

Here is the kicker! You must checkmark the box under the blue S of the next level you want to go to.

Hopefully this helps some people lol

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

No. The S stands for ‘solo’. It only will preview/use this specific scene. This has nothing to do with checkpoints. It basically mutes all other scenes. M stands for mute.

3. thatguyminib

That's really weird cause I did the same setup but without the S box marked and it did not work. Once I marked the S box then it worked lol not sure why.

4. thatguyminib

I am having issues again lol. I unchecked the blue checkmark and now it is skipping levels. So I have the next checkpoint on start level, on the second level I have a set checkpoint and a next checkpoint and then on level three, I have a set checkpoint.

Problem is it is skipping level 2 entirely.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit: possibly solved lol

It looks like you just need enough space between the levels in the timeline editor.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  5. bek001

bek001 Boxer

Has this been solved. I am having the same issue. When I put a Next Checkpoint to change scenes. After the first 2 scene changes it just keeps replaying the same scene over and over again. Is this a bug? Could this be because of my Start Distance / End Distance in Scene Editor? Or is it something to do with the Timeline Editor?

I made a start scene with only a Next Checkpoint Action. Then I made a second scene with both a Next Checkpoint and a Set Checkpoint. Then I duplicated the 2nd scene 3 times giving me 5 scenes. I added Number Labels to each Scene 1-5. When I play the game Scenes 1 and 2 work every time. But, when I get to level 3 - it gets stuck and keeps playing that scene, over and over.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? This is driving me crazy, lol!

6. mrqwuyx

mrqwuyx Avid Boxer

anybody have solution to this?