Fly For Flies - Noob Question

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Jamarsoft, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Jamarsoft

Jamarsoft Boxer

Hi Guy's

Sorry in advance for this total noob question. I have bought the everything bundle and love the fly for flies game and looking to create something similar.

However I cannot work out how the game logic detects that if you hit the top of the screen the player dies.
    I know theres a platform there but it doesnt have damage it has health and the character doesnt have health.

I have figured out that if you catch a fly it destroys the character but the next scene has a checkpoint which loads but can't fathom out the game over rule.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

James

2. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

The character is destroyed when it hits the top frame. the top of the the frame is red, to change the frame you click on the red bit, it will go white, which allows the character to go through it, click it again it will go yellow which stops the character from passing it, and red well that destroys the character, The frame is sort of like the camera. Image below.
    I highly advise you to watch the how to make a game series, it will teach you how to use build box and solve a lot of your questions.
    https://www.buildbox.com/make-your-own-game/
    All the best and good luck with your games and have fun..

Attached Files:

3. Jamarsoft

Jamarsoft Boxer

Awww if looked everywhere apart from the frame. That makes complete sense. I had watched that video but skimmed through the course of I could get to the good bit :)

I'm a tinker thinker meaning I pick things up better if I can tinker with settings and deconstruct them to see how they work and then make it better :).

Thanks I'm finding a great community spirit here

James