Featured In Asia?

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by mobile_gamegraphics, Apr 27, 2017.

1. mobile_gamegraphics

mobile_gamegraphics Boxer

Hi All,

I am doing a research on just how much impact a game/app would have, being featured in Apple Store (China or Japan). I am considering spending a lot of time getting my game prepared for the Asian market, upon release.

My questions are:
    1. Have your game been featured on any Asian app stores?

2. What sort of results can you share? (no earning numbers necessary, just sort of percentage of downloads or IAPs vs the rest of the world)

3. Is it worth the effort and extra time to localise, translate, research Asian market and relevant areas before publishing the game?

These are more for those who actually have been features in the Asian region, but everyone is welcome to engage :)

Some interesting stats and reading.
    https://www.appboy.com/blog/in-app-purchase-stats/

Thanks for the feedback.

harislatif likes this.
  2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

If you are Asian then I think it might make sense. If you localize to China - for example - it is important you not 'just' use Mandarin but really adapt your game to Chinese culture. So if this is an easy task for you go for it. After all it's a billion market and if you get a small piece of the cake it would be awesome. But if your idea to localize is only to translate ASO and UIs then I don't think it is worth it. Or you need a loooot of luck to really succeed in the market, they normally don't like our western trash. To be honest, I would do it only if your game already succeeds in the US. Even the big games like Crossy Road or Mr Jump localized for the Asian market once they got big. And they did it with professional help from Asian agencies.

playsgames6666 and jcalle like this.