Fbx (blender Vs Maya) Issues

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Ken, Apr 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Ken

Ken Boxer

Hi there,
    I've been successful so far in importing FBX (model,rig, animation) from Mixamo as well as a simple test of a cylinder with a couple bones out of Maya. I really wanted to stay in Blender for animation and haven't been able to problem solve the issue. If in Blender I make a simple armature and a simple mesh - I can bring into BB3 as an FBX - it will appear in the world but at runtime it disappears. I've tried a bunch of different export settings within the FBX export in Blender (2.8a) but haven't found the magic answer. My hunch is that it is the way Blender sets up the hierarchy of a rig that BB3 doesn't like. This is partly because I made a simple rig in Maya - imported it into Blender as FBX - didn't change anything and exported back out of Blender without any changes in export. Within BB3 - it works. Overall - curious if anyone has had any success / or failures in FBX / rig / animation creation in Blender for BB3.

Thanks

2. Ken

Ken Boxer

Ok so I figured out that the "disappearing" was a scale issue. There seems to be a situation where the scale / rotation of an item is different in the subscene manager view VS. what's on the stage. In run-time, the one in the subscene is what it shows (different from what is on the stage). I've found that this only happens when there is a rig - if it is mesh-only its fine... as soon as you add bones to the same model and bring it back in - it has orientation problems.