Facebook Instant Games For Bb3?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by thatguyminib, Mar 20, 2018.

1. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

AppNasty likes this.
  2. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Yessssss. They are HTML 5 games. We could dominate Facebook Instant games if we could just export HTML 5. And it wouldn't have to have multiplayer feats outside of just logging score on both sides.

3. thatguyminib

Yeah I think it would be huge for all of the BB customers and I think it will also help generate some revenue for BB users as well.

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  4. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

HTML5 is completely different animal. BuildBox works and exports cross-platform games based on C++.

HTML 5 is a native language. Just like Java and Javascript. BuildBox cannot export Java code for native Android Games.

C++ is used for cross-platform and it's readable by Android, iOS, Windows type of operating systems.

Wanting to export to HTML 5 with BuildBox is like wanting a female Lion to give birth a Goat. ;-)

5. thatguyminib

Creating an HTLM5 export can be done, just look at Unity, Unreal and gamemaker to name a few. Just because an engine is made using C++ does not mean you can create an HTML5 export option.

Also I am not saying do this right away or that it would be easy to do. Just thought I would share the article because I know that @TreySmith likes to keep up with trends in the industry.

6. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

@thatguyminib I agree that nothing is impossible. Unity is based on C#, not on C++ there's a difference.

Do not get me wrong, I also would be thrilled to see HTML5 exports with BuildBox, but it's not an easy solution.

if HTML5 is utilized. Facebook Login integrations within BuildBox would be the next logical step. Facebook Login can be used to create Multiplayer Tournaments and creating Player Profiles within games. For this, BuildBox will have to have Facebook's Parse technology. I have used it once, it's great.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  7. thatguyminib

Actually the Unity Engine itself runs and was written with C++ the language you script with to create games is C# so a little bit of a difference there.

I know, like I said it wouldn't be easy, but it is something to consider with the facebook instant games starting to take off.

8. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

@TreySmith hear that? Facebook Instant Games / HTML5 exports for BuildBox will really bring this software one step forward.

9. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

While we would like to support HTML5 export, it is not in the cards right now. It would be really hard to do, maybe at some point in the future. But there are many things that are more important to focus on right now.

10. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Hey Andy, that's exactly what my point was. HTML5 is native language and BuildBox is based on Cross Platform C++. A lot of concepts of BuildBox has to change and probably you have to re-write the entire BuildBox code to have that HTML5 supported.

In fact, when creating BuildBox, I am doubt you had HTML5 in mind, that's why it will be extremely hard to do at this point.