Export Confirmation

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Ultraj, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Ultraj

Ultraj Boxer

Can anyone tell me if there is some kind of way to tell whether or not I have exported my game successfully? I ask because, while trying to export it, I got a warning asking me for the "Bundle ID", or to click the "Cancel" button to use the default information. I have no idea what the Bundle ID is, so I clicked "Cancel" which brought up a window asking me to save my game under a name, and then it asked "Where", and brought up a list , which included " Buildbox", which I chose. This all seemed odd to me, because I didn't feel as though I actually exported it. I am down to the last day on the 30 day challenge so if anyone can help, I would GREATLY appreciate it, Thanks!!

2. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

your Bundle ID should be included in Settings and should look similar to this: com.companyname.gamename

3. Ultraj

Ultraj Boxer

Thanks! Was I correct in exporting it to Buildbox?

4. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

Not sure what you mean exporting it TO Buildbox?
    You export to iOS, Android etc and then use that export to submit to the relevant game stores via Xcode etc.

Ultraj likes this.
  5. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

When you export you actually save it as a folder that then has to be compiled in Xcode (AppStore) or Eclipse (Google Store). So no, you can not send it directly to any Appstore nor your ios, android or other devices.

Ultraj likes this.
  6. Ultraj

Ultraj Boxer

Thanks guys! After calming down and stopping myself from freaking out about running out of time, and reading your comments, a light bulb went off in my head saying "Relax idiot, it's the same as exporting any other work you would do on the computer, not some new technique designed to confuse you!" Panic is a hell of a thing!! :) At any rate, once I snapped out of it, I exported it with no problem. Thanks again for the smack upside the head!