EULA for Art and Sound?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by tyris_audronis, Apr 14, 2016.

1. tyris_audronis

tyris_audronis Boxer

It was my understanding that the art and sound that came with buildbox could be used in game creation. But the EULA reads:

GameAcademy.com grants you the right to install and use copies of THE ART AND SOUND on your computer running a validly licensed copy of the operating system for which THE ART AND SOUND was designed. THE ART AND SOUND is provided for your entertainment purposes only. Except as may be expressly permitted by GameAcademy.com, you may not sell, copy, exchange, transfer, assign or otherwise distribute anything you copy or derive from THE ART AND SOUND.

This would indicate a big fat NO. Is that correct? We can't actually use any of it?

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

My understanding is that you indeed can use it anyway you like in your own games. You just can't resell the graphics themselves on sites like Graphic River, etc. If you have a specific question or need something clarified please send to support@buildbox.com. I am not a lawyer and cannot speak to what any legalese may mean.