Enemy Hit Animation or Bullet Impact animation

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by mobile_gamegraphics, May 18, 2016.

1. mobile_gamegraphics

mobile_gamegraphics Boxer

Hi All,

I have tried different approaches and can't manage to figure out a way to either:

Animate the Enemy when they are hit by "Character Bullet" (increase brightness or something alike)
    or
    Make the bullet show a "destroy" animation upon impact with Enemy.

Basically I need to highlight when an enemy is hit.
    Any ideas?

2. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

I'm not in front of bb right now but I'm pretty sure that there is a hit animation added lately hasn't there been? If you select your object enemy , down the right side there is a place that shows a hit animation or something ...damage animation I think it's called damage taken maybe ... As far as the bullet having an animation just give it a death animation

3. mobile_gamegraphics

nope, no luck... there is nothing in 2.0 at least. no enemy animation.
    the bullet destroy animation simply doesn't work for some reason when it hits the enemy...

4. heathclose

give your enemy object health, the animation is in there
    Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 11.36.48 AM.png

and for your bullet, it is the objects defeat animation

Screen Shot 2016-05-20 at 11.37.32 AM.png

mobile_gamegraphics likes this.
  5. heathclose

Btw you add health by using the add component at the bottom right of your object settings

6. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@heathclose you sig is awesome BTW... I'm going to report myself now for being off topic. ;-)

7. mobile_gamegraphics

haha... actually... that was the first thing I noticed and was wondering - what a heck is that NEW icon??? :) some hint or something? :p

8. heathclose

Once upon a time, if you were running say a laptop with an external monitor, and started buildbox on the external monitor, it would blow up ALL the iconography in the software, you would have to drag the window to your laptop screen, and then back, and the icons would go back to normal. You can see this effect now if you have your laptop scaled to more space (mac) and drag the window from the external monitor to the laptop, it will blow up about 1% of the time... but I don't see anyone complaining, so this probably hasn't been an issue for people (but you can still force the bug if your curious) @Andy were you aware you could still force this bug? it's not worth pursuing a fix it's so rare, but sure is nostalgic...

edit- drag the preview to the laptop makes it go off

Last edited: May 22, 2016
    mobile_gamegraphics likes this.
  9. mobile_gamegraphics

thanks for the solution - I missed the part where you can actually add life to the object :)
    Appreciated!

10. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

@heathclose

Yes, we are aware. We fixed 80% of the issues with multi-head displays. But the other 20% will take quite a bit of additional work to support. So we decided to save this for a bit later and focus on more pressing issues.

heathclose likes this.
  11. mobile_gamegraphics

Ok, so I have to reactive this thread because I'm out of ideas for my problem. I simply want to enemy to ONLY shoot in one direction and for that I created a Logic where the bullet doesn't fire when character goes left and only shoot when it goes right. However, there is an obvious problem with that and I need some of your ideas...
    Video/demo
    http://www.screencast.com/t/k7xxfbUlOty

Settings Right when it's supposed to shoot
    http://www.screencast.com/t/KDyEHIl7sHt
    Settings when going back (no shoot)
    http://www.screencast.com/t/XrRaqQMar98l

So How can I make an enemy shoot only when facing one direction? :( Hope there is a solution, since this is a basic thing for all platformers :)

Many thanks for your thoughts.
    /Alex

12. INKY

INKY Avid Boxer

Btw what are the rules of dimensions for a sig?

I have many from my HL2DM days and if we are allowed I'd love to paste them. I also make sigs if anyone needs any?