Endless Game.

Discussion in 'Level Design' started by projectX, Sep 7, 2018.

1. projectX

projectX Boxer

Can i create an endless game while i can create limited scenes(45) with buildbox ?
    Also is there any torturial to learn and eventually build an endless game because i cant understand the concept of building such a game(endless enemies objects that spawn randomly so it can be endless)

Thank you in advance for your time!

AppNasty likes this.
  2. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

In Buildbox, There is an option to ALIGN scenes or RANDOMIZE them. Think of it as pages in a book. You have 45 pages. Labeled 1-45. You can either align them in order....or you can make it so the pages random show. The more scenes [pages] you have, the more RANDOM it is for a player. You can also spawn enemies using the SPAWNER function. You choose how often they spawn and if you want it random, you can set their spawn rate to variables...1~5....meaning they will spawn between every 1 second to 5 seconds. can be 2...3...4...as well. Super random would be like 5~50. The game will pick randomly numbers between 5.....and 50. Another random thing you can do is coins. You can place hundreds of coins in your game and set them up to show only 50% of the time. 100%....3% etc. So when a player enters game, if you have coins set to show up only 25% of the time...they will. This helps coins to not always be in the exact same spot each play though.