Emeny Destroyed When Collide With Character

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Cristian, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi there,

I am trying to make a game where character is avoiding different things. Some are not destructible but others are. I want to make it that way than when character collide with a bomb for example, bomb will explode and character will die, bomb will die as well. I tried several tricks but always enemy remain alive. Only option that work is if character shoots ( then enemy gets destroyed) but this is not a shooting type of game. Is this even possible?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    C

2. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

you want to display the enemy death animation right try to put an object that destroy the enemy object in the death animation of the character make it spawn then when character die will follow it the enemy that will also die if that make sense. make the game over delay to 2 - 5

3. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

You should use defeat animation of that bomb

4. Cristian

Cristian Avid Boxer

Hi @wesam_badr and @Nihat Muradzade

Both options sounds interesting. I did use in first place defeat animation of the bomb. For some reason after impact the bomb did not disappear or played explosion (defeat) animation. I opened up buildbox again after few min and all working as it should. The idea that @wesam_badr proposed is a nice hack as well :)

Thanks a lot for your replies,
    C