Email From Voodoo - Important Or Not?

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by AdilAijaz, Oct 12, 2018.

1. AdilAijaz

AdilAijaz Boxer

Hi, I submitted gameplay of my BB2 game to Voodoos and got an email from Voodoo saying 'Welcome to Voodoo's publishing program'
    and they gave me a password for Voodoo's publishing dashboard to test my game's CPI and retention.
    Just asking if they do this to every person who submits his game to Voodoo?

suth4rshan likes this.
  2. suth4rshan

suth4rshan Boxer

Hi ! When you submitted gameplay and after how long you got reply from ?

Yes, You can send games for testing.

viking likes this.
  3. AdilAijaz

AdilAijaz Boxer

Their reply came within 24 hours of submission. I'm asking if Voodoo does this to everyone who submits game to them or is it some people they think have potential? do you have knowledge about any of this?

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Only to games/developers who they see potential. Congratulations. :)

volcank, AdilAijaz and Starman like this.
  5. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

Where you able to submit you prototype? Even though GA ID and FB App ID tested correctly I'm getting an error when submitting the FB App ID. Any ideas? Or did the process go smoothly with your submission?

6. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

@AdilAijaz to answer your question, yes. They will always run a few tests before making any final decision.

7. Yash Shankar Kute

Yash Shankar Kute Boxer

Hii Bro Voodoo publish your game made in Buildbox??

8. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

dude, relax. You can test buildbox games with voodoo. You can integrate both facebook sdk and google analytics in your game using xcode. Once your game is tested and meets the retention numbers required you will be asked to port your game to unity. Once Voodoo wants to publish your game it would be very easy to pay someone to port it to unity for you :D you will have tons of money anyway.

9. Yash Shankar Kute

Yash Shankar Kute Boxer

@33Shox Thanks bro
    Means once by game tested and by voodoo and they want to publish it Then they gave some money Before publishing game because game is passed in retention and other testes what is the actual Procedure??

10. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

yep. Not some money. LOTS of money :D but you know...is not as easy as it looks to make a game so good. Best of luck mate

11. suth4rshan

suth4rshan Boxer

I tested 4 games so far. Failed in all attempts. But, failed better than previous.
    Voodoo now have Co-production team. means, Once your KPI met, Voodoo will help you on improving game. for example, Pokey Ball, Commuters and etc.

You just need build a better core gameplay. And Voodoo won't pay you to port it to Unity. they pay only when they signed deal (When you met the KPIs)

There is 0 BB games published by big Publishers in last 1 year, IMO

12. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

If the potential is there to make them ALOT of money - say CPI $0.01-$0.05 - they will take the punt. Their documentation says they welcome any game engine, providing it can take their SDKs. It's that simple.

However, I do wish the Buildbox team did more to narrow that gap with deeper tutorials on how to add their SDKs for example, or better tools to get some decent hyper casual games up and running faster. It would make the software stand out in a flash.