educ Games For Kids

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by talil3, Oct 16, 2015.

1. talil3

talil3 Boxer

Hi guys
    i m wanna make a game for kids (between 3 and 4 years old )but i have a lot of problems
    my games has one menu and in this menu i have
    Alphabet(for example 10 levels)
    Numbers (for example 10 levels)
    Colors (for example 10 levels)
    Shapes (for example 10 levels)
    Animals (for example 10 levels)
    Foods(for example 10 levels)
    Insects(for example 10 levels)
    When the kid play he can start with alphabet or any category and when he finish it he can move to the next category
    So guys any one has an idea how we can do this
    Thanks

2. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

Looks like you have 70 levels total.
    Right now there is not a Buildbox feature that lets you build a world map, say a screen with buttons "alphabet," "numbers," and so on.
    However, you can align your scenes (levels) in buildbox so that the child cannot get to the next one without conquering the current one. You can use level checkpoint features to enable this.
    If it was me using Buildbox to try to build out that type of game concept, I might put off this game concept until Buildbox 2 comes out (which seems to be approx. less than 6 months from now, or so; they say they are working on it).
    I recommend looking at the buildbox showcase to see what others have built with buildbox to figure out what's possible and what you might build

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

What @Jamie said.

In addition you want to focus first on the specific gameplay mechanic that is the basis for your game and make sure it can be made the way you want it to work. Worry about levels, menus and all the extra stuff later.

Jamie likes this.