Discussion Thread For Buildbox 3.2.0 Beta

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Sean Buildbox, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Antropy

Antropy Boxer

Possible QOL Fixes:
    1. After dragging out scripting window, it narrows slightly with each node selection.
    2. Add corresponding color to node categories or ability to group categories based on function, i.e. Red for Actions, Green for scripting, logger, Blue for controls etc.
    3.Node Icon does not appear under mouse cursor for me when dragging from the categories panel.

2. Playkit

Playkit Boxer

Just wondered if anyone was having problem with meshes ?
    I have a number of objects connected as children Kinematic which worked ok but after the update when I save and reload the objects that are connected together the meshes are all cocked up.
    Have sent message to support, just wondered if any one had same problem and solved it ?

3. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi

I just have a couple of suggestions/bug fixes for this.

1. For some reason with this version, other windows I have open appear in the game interface section of the program (the part of the interface where I drag and drop images onto the scene to build the level). This did not happen in the previous version.

2. Would it be possible to add a node that allows the user to change the gravity settings of the world and other properties? I know you can use velocity drag but it would be easier if you can change it whenever you wanted to. In addition to this, is there any way that we can incorporate the mass of an object and its affect with gravity. (eg. heavier objects fall faster).

3. Would it be possible to save and add user created nodes using "script" to the list of available nodes on the left so that way I can easily access nodes that I have created from scratch rather than having to find them within my asset list and copy and paste them.

I understand if some of these things are possible but would be awesome to have! :)

Thanks

Jackazoid likes this.
  4. Adilzhan

Adilzhan Boxer

ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - New apps that use UIWebView are no longer accepted. Instead, use WKWebView for improved security and reliability. Learn more (https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview).
    When im try publish my app app service send me mail?
    WTF BUILDBOX?
    Why no one sees the real problem that even if you finish the game you won’t be able to publish it because it uses outdated tools. Why do I pay money every month by subscription? I wish I bought UNITY
    3 months of my work was spent because of your lopsided and lazy developers who can’t even solve basic things

5. sueraali

sueraali Boxer

There are many more problems. Applications removed from Google Play. Unsupported libraries and legacy APIs. Despite this, the expensive subscription system drives developers away from BUILDBOX every day.

6. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Which version did you export with? If using the newest version there should be no issues with this. The latest builds of Buildbox 2 or 3 have the WKWebView so if still seeing this under the newest builds then it may be a 3rd party SDK you're integration. Feel free to DM me if you have more questions.

The legacy APIs have been removed from both the latest Buildbox 2 and the upcoming Buildbox 3 3.2.2, also you can simply remove HeyZap from your exported folder. That being said it is a shame Google gave no notice on those removals and we apologize for any inconvenience. The issue is being addressed however

7. Adilzhan

Adilzhan Boxer

I'm used buildbox 3 version 3.2.1