Different Backgrounds not working :)

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by mobile_gamegraphics, Oct 29, 2015.

1. mobile_gamegraphics

mobile_gamegraphics Boxer

Hi guys,

I'd like to have this nice transition into different colors of my nice polygon background. I've set the main BG and added the additional ones as Decoration (fixed, no collide/no destroy) - however the "decoration" BG seems to be moving... any ideas? Here is a video explaining everything (1min long)

http://www.screencast.com/t/hPic8tVJ

2. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

I don't really know. Did you tried to remove the background, and just use image decoration instead?

mobile_gamegraphics likes this.
  3. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This is normal. All objects will move. It is not possible to put different decoration BGs and not to have them move. If you have a constant speed of your character you could put a directional movement to the background objects. Just put exactly the contrary speed and it will seem to be in place.

4. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

For our games which has multiple backgrounds or multiple scenes, we usually DO NOT put in anything as the background will definitely move unless its a constant item that we want it. Also we had to make sure that it fuses nicely. For your case... we would normally remove the background and just use the background as decorations. In doing so you won't have the parallax effect but you will now have a nice background scrolling :) Hope this will solve your issue... Cheers

mobile_gamegraphics likes this.
  5. mobile_gamegraphics

mobile_gamegraphics Boxer

@Rebel Studios & @trygiimusic Thanks for the help. Yes indeed it worked by removing Background and just adding each single BG as decoration. No Parallax needed for this game - I just have one single image.
    Thanks y'all :)

6. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer