Diamond Road Update Coming Soon!what Should I Do?

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Arsmen Studio, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

2. eyal

eyal Serious Boxer

nice artwork but dude, SO MANY ADS !!!!! not fun at all

Arsmen Studio likes this.
  3. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

this is your opinion and i respect it , but developers have to get money and if they do not put ads where do they get they money from , by selling the game. :) @eyal

4. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

@arsidalijaj yup we def want to make money from ads but if you put too many you will make people delete your game. Typically you don't want ads popping up during gameplay but maybe after 5 deaths or more. Banner ads are good if they don't interfere with buttons of gameplay. You def need a balance of ads not too many and not too little.

duyduy_nguyen and Arsmen Studio like this.
  5. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

@Machine Rises yes i made the game how you said , during the game there is oly the banner , the interstial when he die and at the start . it's not busy how he said. so 3 2 interstial and banner aahaha if you play it i think that you will be with me cause only if you had a old old old smartphone the game will be slowly and the interstial with make 2 hous to show , lol.

6. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

@arsidalijaj i think you are wrong , i played you game , really cool , but the amount of ads is completely ridiculous !

you should put ads on game over screen every 4 or 5 deaths and you will still get a good revenue

and trust me ,you will soon beging to get bad reviews cause of the many ads

atleast you should wait until you get a good user base and then increase ads , but not in every death scene o_O

7. minibuilder65

minibuilder65 Avid Boxer

@arsidalijaj, The mind set you need to have is to put yourself as the customer. Try and play a game and when every time you die an ad pops up, gets quite annoying right? As the customer gets annoyed that they die they quickly want to start again and try and do better. However if you stop them for a slight second by displaying that ad it can make them frustrated and will just close down your game. That is not helpful at all and instead of getting more downloads and income you would probably make less. I would rather have an ad pop up every 5-10 deaths and maybe not even at all and just have a banner and the video for the rewards. The banner hardly ever gets in the way and the for the reward ads that's up to them if they want to get some free coins/points or whatever you want to offer so it will not annoy the player. I understand that as a developer you want to make some income but only from the banners, they are enough to get you that income and if people like your game and the ads are not everywhere they are likely to play again and tell their friends about it. I hope this long piece of writing helps you and what you are going to decide to do! :D

8. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

@minibuilder65 @ramiucef @Machine Rises Every thing i do first i take example from other games , in the first version of my game the interstial on game over it' wasnt. But some friends told me that the insterstial that i ad after it wasn't so bad. And sincerely guys i tested on some peoople and there was everything ok, they didn't say me this. Guys i've seen games that are full of ads not like mine , tomorrow i will update the game and put coins with gems , i think that the ads on this game are ok ... if you don't believe me take a look at this game https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hzdi.happybird&hl=it . Right now i am working on my next game , almost finished it's called LUIGI'S WORLD. Here are 2 screen shots :)
    Actually is my best game after Diamond Road :)
    I will tell you and show my game next week i hope :)
    Schermata 2016-03-26 alle 15.54.23.png Schermata 2016-03-26 alle 16.58.02.png Schermata 2016-03-27 alle 03.41.19.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  9. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

In the end just pay attention to the feedback your users leave on Google and iOS. They will let you know how they like it there.

10. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

Hi @arsidalijaj
    You have tested game on some people, probably your friends and family. They will tell you what you want to hear about your game.
    They do not want to make you feel bad about your game, as you created it.

You will need to test it with real tester people, your favorite cafe barista, someone who siting next to you in metro, friend kids, grandpa and grandma in park ... then you will have real results of game.

You will need to lower appearing on ads, in our opinion, as now on every Main Menu and every Game Over is too much ads. Plus they are AdMob Video Ad, and you need to calculate +5sec on every ad that are shown...

Do your game is going to be for short period of time, just to grab some advertising money, or you planing it to stay for longer period of time?

Just study some of proved Publisher games, study from all aspect of game, in your case advertising.

We wish you all best in games business.

11. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

12. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  13. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

[​IMG] EARLIER UPDATE SCREEN SHOT ( NOT THE FINAL ) Hello Guys! Finally we Updated Diamond Road and will be available very Soon! I really thank all of you. You was right with ads and everything you said So we just updated it. But there is a problem, I saw an umbrella game... I saw Diamond Rod... and they said it's their original game. I have nothing with umbrella games and I like them but I saw my game concept in their new game ( WOBBLERS) ... collect Diamonds and don't fall... this get me in trouble if I want to try to get featured this time with the new update . They now really made their game concept like ours i mean lol! AND ITS ALL INCREDIBLE! Cause even we have updated the game and added jet pack spin and other things... it's crazy but WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  14. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Man Umbrella games- their game is heaps different to yours, not sure about your updated version?, But i guess its a case of missing the bus.
    Bit late on your update.. Not much you can really do about it..

15. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

I am going to wait a little bit. Maybe 2 Weeks. I hope they get success anyway. :)

16. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

WoW confusing?! You SAW their game or did they contact you directly? If they didn't contact you with a cease and desist - just carry on as normal.