Demo templates or marketplace?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by veiragx, Nov 21, 2015.

1. veira

veira Boxer

Hi,
    I'm new to buildbox. Just wondering if there are any demo templates or a marketplace to download or purchase examples of games?

Theres hardly any tutorials on how to create specific games. What currently is available is a bit confusing as its too many different things not showing start to finish.

Are there any people who we can get in contact with if we have an idea we need help with or anyone willing to do perhaps an exchange service? i.e. art for template, etc...

Thanks

2. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

At the moment there are no dedicated market place for BBox templates but some developers do have the exported versions in Android and iOS available in both Chupamobile and codecanyon
    You just have to contact them and ask for BBox version which will cost extra

3. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Im currently working on a dedicated marketplace for BuildBox. Hopefully it'll be ready in the next week or so

4. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

That's awesome man, and just so everyone knows we DO encourage this type of thing. One thing though to save us all headaches down the line. Because of our trademark, we can't allow people to use our logos and name in their name. I bring this up because we recently just had an issue with this. You can mention Buildbox on the site, but you can't make a website called "BuildboxAssetStore.com" or use a logo that incorporates our logo.

Jamie likes this.
  5. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

@TreySmith
    Thanks for the support and clarification.
    I was just about to email support and ask about the policy for using buildbox logo and name, so thanks for the heads up.

6. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

Sooooo no Buildboxer.com?

7. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

#respectintellectualproperty
    :)

8. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

So I had a few talks with my attorney today on this. This is tough, because I REALLY don't want to hold you guys back, but at the same time I have to uphold my trademark with Buildbox.

The test for whether something is crossing a trademark is specifically if it's likely to cause confusion in the average consumer. For instance, someone made a Buildbox store which used our logos, color schemes and honestly just felt like a Buildbox site. It was definitely confusing and we even had people emailing in and asking if it was us. Because of this, we had to get the site removed. On the other hand, LearnBuildbox.com definitely differentiates itself from us by using it's own unique logo, different color scheme and different all around feel.

We also can't get into a situation where we're manually approving sites either, that is not something I want to do. Instead, I want to make a few simple ground rules to follow:
    1. Please do not use our images (from our website) or logo in any of your web design, marketing or branding
    2. Please do not create a site that closely mimics ours or appears to be very closely related to our brand
    3. Please mention "We are not affiliated with Buildbox.com" in the footer of the website
    4. Finally, the test for trademark infringement is if will cause confusion with the average consumer. Look closely at your website and ask yourself "When people skim this, will they possibly think this is owned by Buildbox/8Cell?"
    Ok thanks guys. I hope this makes sense and I'm honored that you all are wanting to create services around Buildbox. It's strongly encouraged and it was time to put some official rules behind it.

nuzapi, Lazlow, Wings n Armor and 5 others like this.
  9. Simon Crack

Simon Crack Avid Boxer

10. VectologyGames

Buildboxer.com Lives!!!

11. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

Presumably it is best for people to ask Trey and the team via support if it is ok to use the Buildbox name anytime they have an idea for doing so.
    I know @TreySmith already gave everyone permission here on the forum to use the Buildbox logo in the opening splash screen of their game ("Made with" Buildbox), if they like. If I choose to do that, I will likely email them about it anyway, making sure that the way I will represent the logo (size, position, and such) fits what they would want.

12. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Hey Guys,

The asset store is almost 100% complete, I just need to fix the upload section.
    If you or someone you know is interested in selling their completed or incomplete template than please pm ne. We are offering 80% on the sale price to our sellers.

Thanks

13. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

Sounds good

14. thepappillon

thepappillon Avid Boxer

we had just launched a buildbox marketplace . (it's still in beta phase)
    bbriver is a marketplace where you can buy an sell ready buildbox templates.
    seller get 80% of the sales
    if you are interested to buy or sell a template go there www.bbriver.com

welcom

15. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

Thanks for the valuable information concerning trademark rights! This is an area that needs to respected at all times!

Jamie likes this.
  16. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Hey guys,

we just launched a beta version of our site: BB Templates (www.bbtemps.com)
    We provide premium templates specifically for buildbox

At the moment we are offering 80% to our authors

VeiraGames likes this.
  17. VectologyGames

Not to rain on anyone's parade, I think the community should hold off on creating marketplaces. Let us see what the official Buildbox team has up their sleeve.

playsgames6666 likes this.
  18. veira

veira Boxer

@VectologyGames I get what you're saying but I think it's a good idea just to help people get started and have an understanding how BB works

playsgames6666 likes this.
  19. VectologyGames

That's fine. Charging the community for untested and potentially buggy games (this is not a testament to the current games being sold in existing BB marketplaces) will become a MAJOR problem for the community. When money is involved, the standards must be high. We need a official source for all things Buildbox.

netkomm likes this.
  20. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

I get what you're saying and agree that the standards need to be high. In the beginning we were on the fence about building a buildbox marketplace and it wasn't until Trey himself stated that he encourages it that we agreed to launch the site.
    We test and support every template that's uploaded to our site to ensure high quality work.
    Will there be some sites that suck? Absolutely!
    Will there be some sites that are awesome?
    Absolutely!
    It's just the way things are.

For Trey to encourage this than the buildbox team must not be planning on providing such services.

ssupavegeta likes this.