Delay after Level Won (Event Observer)

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by fredsimma, Jun 11, 2016.

1. fredsimma

fredsimma Boxer

Hi *,

I've been working on a "Stage Clear"-type of game where the player needs to collect a number of coins to proceed to the next world. I'm using the event observer in my UI to check when all coins are collected (Event Type = Session Points) and then connect it to a "Level Completed" UI screen.
    This works fine, but the "Level Completed" screen appears immediately when the player has collected the last coin. Would it be possible to add a delay (similar to the Game Over Delay) and/or animation (like the Character Defeated Animation), so the transition is smoother and less abrupt?

Thanks for your input in advance!
    Fred

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

In the UI editor you should be able to setup a "close" transition. You have 3 events: open, idle, close. Open plays when a UI is loaded, Idle loops while the UI is active, Close plays before the UI disappears. In the very simplest for you could set close to 60 frames for about a 2 second delay.

Screenshot 2016-06-11 20.47.10.png

itzonator and nyamuk91 like this.
  3. fredsimma

fredsimma Boxer

Thanks Andy for the quick response!

I tried your suggestion - specifically: adding a 60-frame Close transition for my World UI, in which I defined a dummy movement of the Event Observer itself. But unfortunately the "Level Completed" screen is still displayed immediately when the last coin is collected.

Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 9.33.11 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 9.38.53 PM.png

Also, is there a way to achieve a "Level Completed" animation of the character once the level is finished?

Thanks again,
    Fred

4. Snow

Snow Boxer

Yes I am having a problem which could be solved if the event observer/ menu jump activated the "close" animation of the UI, but THEY DON'T, they just take you straight to the next UI screen. Is that a bug?

5. nyamuk91

nyamuk91 Boxer

This solution works for me. However, I notice that my character can still move between their "death" and the game over screen. Any trick to avoid this?