Defeated looping never stop !!

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by gumki, Oct 14, 2015.

1. gumki

gumki Boxer

hi
    when the character defeated the animation stay looping without stoping !! .. is there any way to make it run just one time !!
    second question about the flash and shack animation in the defeated section .. what is the right parametre to make it work ?? because i use them but the flash animated just one time and stay flashed .. and the screen never shacked !!!
    help please

2. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

It's not a problem just make a game over page and then go to character advanced option and scroll down to set a delay in the game over delay change the 0 to 1 or so (now when your character dies it will go straightly to the game over page)

3. gumki

gumki Boxer

Tnx you help me a lot man .. tnx very much

4. nichenine

nichenine Boxer

I am having this issue and still want to sake same question: "is there a way to not loop the defeated animation forever?". Why is this even happening, what is the point of a looping defeated animation?

I don't want to use a game over screen when character die, just continnue after a small pause.

Also, what is auto-hide doing? I have set it to 1 and other values but it does not seems to do anything. Defeated animation still play in a loop.

5. pukaw888

pukaw888 Boxer

i remember in one discussion here with this issue, to avoid the loop forever...you need to add two to three more blank frames at the very end of your defeated animation,,,and forever looping is gone.

6. nichenine

nichenine Boxer

Thanks, i will try. Although i think this (non-loop defeated animation) should be default behavior. I don't see a use case scenario which would need your character to "keep dying".

7. nichenine

nichenine Boxer

Tried, did not worked...

8. GeoffB

GeoffB Boxer

Try putting in the exact same animation speed you have in the Animation Editor for Defeated Animation into the Game Over Delay. That's what stopped the defeated animation from looping for me.

9. nichenine

nichenine Boxer

Hey Geoff. Almost any Game Over Delay more then 0 will do the trick, because the character fall off the screen. The thing is that i want it to stay on the platform when die. Just die, fall down, and stay there, play dead :). Which apparently can't be done. It either die, stay on platform and keep looping defeated animation, or die and fall off the platform.