Debug In Game Currency Counter

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by calvacharles, Jul 28, 2016.

1. calvacharles

calvacharles Boxer

Hey everyone,

I am currently testing my first game to be released two weeks from now, one of the problems I'm coming across while testing is that my world has different worlds which are accessed through menu jumps, once entering the alternate miniworlds and getting back to the main game play, my in game currency counter gets stuck at a fixed number (usually 43 or 45). Nothing works to reset the counter, not even restarting the application on the device, it will only go back to 0 once the miniworld has been accessed again.

Also is there a way to combine the in game currency counter from multiple worlds? because this is another problem we have encountered so far

2. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

You have a coin counter for a level, and then you have a coin counter for overall/total. On your main game UI or wherever you want to display your total coins -
    Just select the properties option
    Function - Score
    World - All
    Score Type - Coins
    Amount - Total

On your Gamefield UI - you can follow the same steps above to display a best score/total coins too and for current level do
    Function - Score
    World - All
    Score type - Coins
    Amount - CURRENT

That should work. As for the limit, that seems very strange. Maybe a bug?

3. calvacharles

calvacharles Boxer

Thanks @jigglybean , I have checked and have all the settings exactly as you recommend, but the problem persists. Would this be an issue that I should be contacting BB support for?

Thanks and Best of luck with your projects!

4. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

Yeah I would contact support and send them your game file too.