Custom Menu BG Level Trick

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by DeadlySeriousMedia, Nov 26, 2015.

1. DeadlySeriousMedia

DeadlySeriousMedia Avid Boxer

Not sure how many people know about this but I wanted to make a Main Menu BG level WITHOUT is showing up in gameplay at any given time. It's a pain to duplicate you games levels in the Menu scene especially if you have a bunch of elements.

I finally figured out how to do this! Here's a video of the process along with a real world example from the new game we're working on!

Also, I did not include the project file in this because it's fairly simple.

2. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Am I missing something here? We just duplicate a scene and mute it, then assign this to the main menu screen.

3. DeadlySeriousMedia

Yeah, it took me some time to figure this out so I thought I'd share fro anyone having difficulty. This way in-game elements can be incorporated into the main menu easily without the arrangement showing up in game.

4. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

so that's kinda my point, muting the scene you use for the main menu screen doesn't show in the game :)

trudnai likes this.
  5. DeadlySeriousMedia

Yeah, I never used the mute button. Now I feel silly. Disregard my over complicated methodology while I plant my face firmly into my palm. :p

Collin Wade Thiessen and Kevin W like this.
  6. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

lol - sorry dude, I didn't mean to call you out haha - I watched it twice and thought man alive, there's a much simpler way ;)

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  7. Collin Wade Thiessen

Collin Wade Thiessen Avid Boxer

Thank you both for great examples. I made iMainmenu BG the last scene in the timeline way beyond any other scenes but both your suggestions work great. Thanks so much for sharing guys!

Kevin W likes this.