Crush The App Store Event

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by kodagames, Dec 1, 2016.

1. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

Yeah couldn't see the link either :( I watched the event from my phone though so that could be the problem.

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

http://www.publisherelite.com/

Would love to participate, but paying that amount of money will be impossible. I'd rather pay 50% of all my revenue made by the games published instead of paying upfront. Wish everybody good luck participating in this 1 year game developing school. It definitely sounds nice.

Kadri246 and playsgames6666 like this.
  3. K9 Gamer

K9 Gamer Avid Boxer

I`m on my PC as soon as it came up i put in my details but its not working or i was to slow.

4. K9 Gamer

K9 Gamer Avid Boxer

well it would be all my savings but I need the career change so badly id give it a shot you only live once.

5. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

@OneHitGamer BB Next was still labeled BB 3.0 so Im guessing its not a separate program/software.

I liked the begging portion of the event it had a lot of good information.

Christoph likes this.
  6. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Id be in the poor house, oh yeah already am lol (so can't even consider it).

Deliverbo and Christoph like this.
  7. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

so it was a selling event a 5k game dev programe no way!. however it has some good information. but the sneak peek of BB 3.0 was toooooo short its good that is going to be released in 2k18 so we can get more from BB 2.0 i hope to see new good features in 2.3 as they say its going to be huge

bmsingha and Christoph like this.
  8. jerry

jerry Avid Boxer

My wife would kill me if I paid that. She saw me watching the webinar and said you aren't spending any more money on that software! Would be a great opportunity... but:(

I paid for 1.x, lucky enough to have University pay for 2.0 but gotta make some money on games before spending like this!!

Deliverbo, Kadri246 and Christoph like this.
  9. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

Hey @TreySmith, @Andy and team,

Great job on the event and spectacular timing for offering a service like this to developers. Having received tons of bad game submissions as a publisher, this service is really needed for the community and I hope it does well for you business wise.

Best,
    Gregory

10. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

While it's a big pill to swallow, when you break it down, $500 per month for 1-on-1 personal attention from @TreySmith to help you grow your game business and get you published is a pretty good deal. The long term educational benefits far outlast the one year. In terms of financial ROI, let's say you produce two games during the year the reach the level of publishing and Trey gets your game signed. If your games are moderately successful, you'll make back all that you spent on the program.

From the publisher side of things, Trey is right. I get a ton of submissions and I'm nowhere near as well known for my publishing as Ketchapp or some of the others. I know if Trey called me with a game he thought was Feature worthy, that would be a call I'd be excited to take and the game would immediately launch to the top of the queue.

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  11. bentforktech

bentforktech Avid Boxer

I wish I could afford it. It looks like an amazing time to be able to actually have a mentor of sorts. Too bad the price is a bit steep for me right now.

12. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Income tax time for all you Americans with kids! hahahahahha!

Why do i see in my head some of you like "Come on honey...the bands gonna make it!"

telerebor, jerry and playsgames6666 like this.
  13. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Not going to argue the content of the program. I think it is great. But only a very few games are making that kind of money. And you know this too, even as a publisher you can't assure anything. Basically you need Ketchapp, Fortafy or Chillingo to sign one of your games in this year and even then there is a chance you won't make enough. And if you get the 6k back, well you haven't eaten during this time. Nor have you paid your monthly bills. Let's be honest with each others, this is for rich people only. For 6 grands I live half a year with my wife and two kids. I know that education is expensive in the US and people are used to it. So this will be fun for a lot of people. But it's not for me. And,... it isn't either for small businesses or entrepreneurs who already are deeply invested in the industry, because the program isn't going to offer a lot to them either. I think a percentage model would have been awesome and I would have signed without thinking twice. :)

14. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

i think BB 3.0 its going to be more complicated. what do you think boxers

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  15. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

None of the times favours me. 1am too early for me and 3pm is when I have to pick my kids up from school.

So please upload a video on youtube.

16. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

OMG it looks that it will bring much ease and many features also, but will be complicated and will have to start from fresh to understand it...Also 2k18? damn

17. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

First point, is not expensive for a game bussiness company, it's fkng expensive for an indie dev . Because you pay 5k after you need resources and you need some food also .
    So say you have this and you join the program, in first 6 weeks you made a Boom game and start your dream company .
    BUT who the fk join the program and succeed in 6 weeks when 80% of BB users don't know how to use BB 2 , and you give him BB 3 . :))
    I saw users that doesn't play their own games.
    Good luck with that.
    It's a good oportunity and his doing a great job with this .

runrollgames and tanvir8955 like this.
  18. cahaya

cahaya Boxer

yaps true. it's very expensive.
    I just monthly income between monthly $200/1200
    and it is only occasionally I make more than 1k.
    I probably would prefer indi and start from 0.

And From the beginning I started in the game.
    I Just Want to play my game users.
    Not For Business aims ON initially.
    And Only Just Entertainment to fill my free time to make a simple game.

and if it is earning. perhaps it was a gift for my time from god

Deliverbo and blad300 like this.
  19. blad300

blad300 Serious Boxer

I think the really awsome thing `Crush the app store` was to create this `20 Publisher Elite` team with best 20 BB users, and start to create the best games ever and really CRUSH THE APP STORE, when you open App Store to see only BB Games and when you open them to see inside `Made with BuilBox by Buildbox Games Maker Elite Team` :))) but when in this days everyone want money,money,money...

TMNorvik and Christoph like this.
  20. horsthuber05

horsthuber05 Boxer

I'm so excited for BB Next. I worked a lot with unreal engine 4 because of its awesome blueprint system, and now it's coming to Buildbox? I'm so hyped ^^.
    But guess what, I'm just 14 and no one ever gave me just 1 chance in the game business just because of my age. Also there's like no way to be one of the first one's to test out BB Next for someone like me because it's always all about the money. I always had that one dream to some day be able to afford buildbox and now I'm almost there cause I saved all my money since the release of Buildbox (yes I never gave up). But nope now they even removed the 1 pay payment option. And that's the problem, even if you have more potential than most of the game devs around, there is no way to show that.

Greetings from Germany and GOOD LUCK to all the "publisher elite" customers.