Cross Promotion Pop Up

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by AaroArts, Sep 19, 2016.

1. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

So, many publishers, such as KetchApp, Boombit and Umbrella all cross promote games by having a "Pop Up Advert" linking to the AppStore to said game.

I was wondering, specifically BuildBox games/projects, how is this achieved?
    Or is it done via code once the game has been exported to xCode, for example?

Basically, is this something that can be done in BuildBox for BB projects?
    Thanks.

2. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

if you think a little bit you can implement something like that in BB using menu ui

ramiucef likes this.
  3. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

a simple tutorial would be wonderful ?

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Make a URL button in a special UI at the startup. That's it. You can additionally play with event observers if you want it to appear only once or after a certain score amount. The downside of that is you need to update your game if you want to change the "ad".

If you want something remote use chartboost or tapdaq with a custom call. You will need some knowhow with coding though.

ramiucef likes this.
  5. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I can programme, I'm just curious to learning an alternative way in BB if there is one.

I'll have to play around then if no one already has a solution.
    How would you close/skip the Ad though?

6. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

after the start make an ad like that with two button like in the image bellow the red button is default navigation button will take to the main menu and the green check button is and URL button will take you to the ad desired the con you will need to update your game if you want to change the ad like @Christoph said also make another URL button and stretch it to all the area of the ad
    [​IMG]

7. bluemoonstudios

bluemoonstudios Avid Boxer

Yep! this is the same as what I did, set the event observer to show only twice. If there was a way to detect whether the button was pressed would be even awesomer! That way you can just keep showing the cross promo until the ad is pressed and then it never shows again.
    But whatevs :D it still works

8. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

I just implemented this method :)
    It works great actually.

I was initially worried that it would still be there if the User Removes Ads, but using the Event Observer to only show it twice is a nice touch.
    That way, its gone after 2 plays and I doubt the user will remove ads before they play twice, so it's perfect.