Creating Windows Store Package

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by dmmcmah, May 27, 2016.

1. dmmcmah

dmmcmah Avid Boxer

I created a new buildbox game for Windows. It runs on the local machine but when I attempt to Create App Package it gives this error:

ValidateAppx.Package failed. Could not find file \\uwp\BBPlayer\Package.StoreAssociation.xml

Any idea what this means?

2. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Did you create the app in your dashboard? And the bundle IDs match up? Just a few guesses. I don't really know what is means specifically. Did you try to Google it?

3. dmmcmah

dmmcmah Avid Boxer

It appears the solution is to delete StoreAssociation.xml and let Visual Studio rebuild it.

4. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

Hi @dmmcmah
    We was facing same issue with Windows Apps, what we was doing is going to Project -> Store -> Associate App with Store -> Choose App that we was building -> Clean the Project and error was disappearing.

How to test Windows App like simulator? This one we still can not figure out. Do we need Windows Phone to be connected or we can run icon our machine.

5. dmmcmah

dmmcmah Avid Boxer

You can build it for your local machine in Visual Studio. There is a button in the middle with a green arrow and it says "Local Machine" next to it. Click it and it will compile and run it on your desktop. If you need me to I will post a screenshot.

6. dusan20002

dusan20002 Avid Boxer

Thank you @dmmcmah we will try it and let you now how is going.