Counting Session Coins In Pictures Instead Of Numbers

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by codybonnett, Jan 8, 2017.

1. codybonnett

codybonnett Boxer

In my game you have to dodge enemies while trying to collect coins and reach the finish line. If you reach the end of the level you unlock the next level, but I would like the level clear UI screen to count your session coins in pictures instead of numbers.

For example if there were 8 total coins in the level then you will have 8 coins that are either colored or black depending on how many you collected.

I though that might be possible through an event observer or lock button but no luck. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!

2. meremy

meremy Avid Boxer

If it's not a platformer and everything happens in the same scene you can have 8 imagines on top of each other and each of them linked to their coin. Once the player gets the coin, the image will disappear. If you want any coin to remove an image its tricky.
    Maybe try with 8 different UI's and event observers. But that does mess up your controls a bit

codybonnett likes this.
  3. codybonnett

codybonnett Boxer

Thanks @meremy i like the idea of having the images stacked and linked to a coin. Would I need to name every coin differently for that to work?

4. telerebor

telerebor Avid Boxer

playsgames6666 likes this.