Color Switch

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by Machine Rises, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

Sure i was talking about ( promote game strategy ) not about the game. They spent a lot of money to do this trust me. Than sure they get back the money spent :)

2. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

Turns out its just @Machine Rises trolling @Jamie :p

Jamie and Buildbox like this.
  3. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

@Machine Rises - Hey David, just thought I'd let you know that I have an iPhone 5 on V7.1.1 for testing and it's currently crashing on the home screen with the latest version of Color Switch. Previous version was running smooth. Probably not many left on that version, so not a biggy, but good for you to know all the same.

4. Machine Rises

Machine Rises Serious Boxer

Ah guys I know who this is. This is my friend Frank and he does live near me in Burbank. Well he did but I moved out for a nomadic life for now haha. I read the PM in question and he isn't claiming to teach strategies just that he knows us and gave us advice. That is true as Frank is knowledgable in areas of advertising. I don't know why he's PMing but when no one knows who you are and you start PMing people it def looks scammy. I don't think he meant any harm though.

Jamie likes this.
  5. Machine Rises

Hey thanks for the feedback I'll let my team know and see if there's something to do about it.

6. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

Thanks for clarifying

7. Frank_mobi28

Frank_mobi28 Boxer

Sorry for the confusion guys, I am new to this forum. Thanks @Machine Rises, I joined a week ago yes, but have been doing this since 2009. I never claimed to "teach" color switch what they have done. What they have done is 100% not teachable.. David has created and amazing game that combines simplistic design with addictive game play that has gone bonker-viral. I have never seen a game that has created so much buzz in the years of being in app discovery business. To replicate that in terms of purchasing users, would cost over 1M per week , and that is just on one platform (ios or android). All the games that you see trending have serious money behind them. For example Mobile Strike spends literally millions of dollars per week on user acquisitions on both platforms. (Again, estimated can't 100% confirm don't want my words taken out of context.)

Jamie likes this.
  8. Arsmen Studio

Arsmen Studio Avid Boxer

@Frank_mobi28 We think that David @Machine Rises has done a great Deal with GREAT publisherS! They only launched color switch and aldready they are in the top! LOL AWESOME!

Frank_mobi28 likes this.
  9. Machine Rises

That's right great game plus great publishing team is what it is. Color switch has been a big team effort. I'll be the first to admit marketing is not my skill.

Jamie and Arsmen Studio like this.
  10. Frank_mobi28

Frank_mobi28 Boxer

11. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

No worries. At first I did not understand where you were coming from because I had been following David's launch of color switch from this thread, but I felt uneasy given that you had only joined a week ago or so. Thanks for clarifying. It is awesome that you have been in the games advertising/marketing space for so long. I am sure we have much to learn from you and I look forward to seeing your contributions here on the forum.
    If you do want to work on some collaborations with people/companies here, I bet it could work, but I do think that some individuals like me will want to see a little more of your work or results of your work before deciding to collaborate. Showing some of this in the forums is a great start, but of course you may not want to share everything here. Having @Machine Rises vouch for your skills and input is certainly a plus. That's why I messaged him asking if he knows you, and it holds up: you guys know each other. I imagine that sharing a bit of your expertise on the forums wouldn't hurt, and that this could open up possibilities for collaborations with people in this community.

Frank_mobi28 likes this.
  12. Frank_mobi28

Frank_mobi28 Boxer

@Jamie, thanks no worries, but right now it is not about me, especially on this thread.

Jamie likes this.
  13. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

Yes, I mean in the overall forum, not this thread

14. Frank_mobi28

Frank_mobi28 Boxer

Oh, sure no worries

15. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

I do think that from the game development/design side (really, product development perspective), the frequent updates to Color Switch have been a great idea that they have been able to further build on in their social media marketing. In some important ways, Color Switch and the marketing/advertising approaches used have changed "the game" of mobile game success. In case others haven't noticed, a rather popular mobile game publisher appears to have also changed up its own launch plan from weekly game launches to more virality-focused launches. I know that my own expertise is not in marketing either, and from a business and product development point of view, I am trying to learn more about interacting with programmers. With new expanded options of Buildbox 2, I think there are now greater/better opportunities for developers to do updates (new game modes) to their games (worlds), and Color Switch has certainly inspired me to do updates -- not just level theme updates, but game mechanic updates. Thanks to @Machine Rises insights shared in this thread about game design, I do feel like I have learned more about what's possible for variations of a game. I would encourage others to think about this in their game businesses too. Product Development Planning... clearly the team behind Color switch did a lot of this, not just a lot of marketing.

16. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

lol just now saw that post
    I met her on a train... in person...

trygii likes this.
  17. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

wait... did you really get a date of this meeting?!?!

Jamie likes this.
  18. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

Yes. Saw a woman playing @Machine Rises game Color Switch on a train, said I knew him (even though we are just acquaintances on this forum and I don't know him all that well), and she thought it was cool and gave me her phone number, and we went on a date. Hehe

19. Machine Rises

Nice Color Switch is now a match making service:)

amazingafternoon, viking and Jamie like this.
  20. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

So it was "bait and switch"...

Skrubzy and INKY like this.