Color Portal - New Game From Tiny Dev!

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by ptearnest, Oct 4, 2016.

1. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

That's true just seen it.

- First you have to blame yourself for revealing a game that has the potential of been published by a publisher.
    - Second it's certainly someone from these forum that has seen your intro and screenshots
    - Third Google will not remove that game because its not violating any other game, rather its yours that may end up been removed because it comes after that was released

Its painful but this is reason why you don't reveal upcoming games in forum until it is released.

Jaky1 likes this.
  2. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Agreed with @sysads ..It is your fault, nothing you can do to remove that game now.

3. mugen_id

mugen_id Boxer

should you release your game on both the iOS and Android ..
    and does not need to be on display here.
    it seems to me.
    because According to Me. people here more Quick thinking and acting of the chill.

no matter there are clones of your game.
    at least you have some evidence of publication date on iOS.

"sorry my englis is bad"

4. shesh

shesh Avid Boxer

eyal likes this.
  5. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Wow, that is bad, sorry to see your game being ripped off.
    Nothing worse than someone stealing your ideas and designs, and releasing it as there own.

6. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

Totally agree with you @sysads.

Its too bad to see that your game is stolen @ptearnest. But i also think that first you should blame yourself for this. Hope Appsolute Games will receive your game after this..

7. ptearnest

ptearnest Boxer

I can for sure take this advice, even for this forum. I talked to the publisher and he was super comforting and said it shouldn't affect our game. I did report it as well as emailed directly but you're right it probably wont do anything, I'm trying to be super optimistic in this. It does stink to spend a lot of time on an idea and get excited and want to share it with a like minded community. I normally don't post anything about projects until it's live and I thought I could on here but I will for sure be super careful when I post a video for now on anywhere. I posted a video of another game thats almost done, maybe I should delete that one too just in case.

Nihat likes this.
  8. BeeDhan

BeeDhan Avid Boxer

Yes we can boycott that game by reporting or giving 1 star with bad comment :mad::mad::mad:

9. chrissy_wissy2

chrissy_wissy2 Avid Boxer

Looks amazing good luck with the game! Its a shame about the minority of 'scammers' out there just looking for quick money. People do not know the journey us developers go on to build games and develop partnerships with publishers. They are just out there trying to make quick money off someone else's ideas which is completely wrong but hey, what can we do? At the end of the day, quality will provail. With the backing of a top publisher like Appsolute Games hopefully you can make it to the top and look down and laugh at this person who cant even spell the word menu.

10. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Once Appsolute have published on iOS & Android, they can request the removal of that game as they will have more clout. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it

11. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

Yeah don't bother that much.. But you should have made your own google play acc and added thr game on Android if your publisher is ios only.. This way if in the future the game does well it might attract android users and they will now unfortunately download this scam.. But just leave it for now as you can't so anything yet. Concentrate on your game and making it better and better. :)

12. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

This. Don't post anything until it is ready for launch. Or only invite or show it to people you trust. I'm sorry to hear this happened. But it happens here and everywhere else. That's how the industry works. The good side of this is that most people who do that don't deliver good quality. Their imitations are shitty. So rest assure it won't affect your game's release. Sadly it will positively affect the imitation. lol. But nothing you can do about. I wouldn't care with reporting it either because in the end it could be counterproductive and Google might delete your own game because the other was first. Even though I don't think that with the Appsolute account this will happen. But who knows. Wouldn't take the risk. Do you have already a release date?

SuperVudu, JoeWilson and Jaky1 like this.
  13. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Something else you need to remember:

- change your game icon
    - change game play theme
    - change game name

Christoph likes this.
  14. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

That's probably a very good idea. Not sure about the game play theme, but icon and name for sure.

15. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Yes if icon changes, meaning game color theme would change as well.

16. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

We get A LOT of spammers on the forum and we try hard to delete their posts/accounts before you guys notice anything. But for sure there are some on this forum that scope out the gameshowcase thread, download a hacked version of buildbox and then try to clone your game.
    Some even have the nerve to ask for help o_O

Jaky1 likes this.
  17. Phoebe

Phoebe Serious Boxer

Hi your game looks great, the one thing that bothers me are the portals one does not look where you are being ported better would be if you for example a green portal used also to another green comes so you have a better overview

18. ptearnest

ptearnest Boxer

Google is removing the clone! I gave them proof of development and they are working on taking it down!

19. Nihat

Nihat Serious Boxer

20. Jaky1

Jaky1 Serious Boxer

@ptearnest That is amazing..Also I am amazed Google would do that..So great!