Collecting Points Not Working

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Oliver Andersen, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Oliver Andersen

Oliver Andersen Boxer

I am new to buildbox and I tried making a game for fun using one of the templates.
    I used the one called fly but the actor won't collect the points. I even watched Trey's tutorial videos about how to set it up and did everything like he did but it still wouldn't pick up the points in the map.
    There were no problems adding the score counter but even after I did that it still wouldn't count the score since my character didn't want to pick them up for some reason.

I spend 2-3 hours on this issue last night without being able to solve it, now I need the communities help.
    Please.

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Check your characters collision shape as it may be much smaller then what you think it is.

3. Oliver Andersen

Oliver Andersen Boxer

I just made it bigger so the collision shape covers the entire character and I made the collision shapes on the points bigger as well. It still doesn't work.

4. Oliver Andersen

Oliver Andersen Boxer

I think something is wrong with my build box software. I tried open a new template If I want to create a path for my character I don't get that little + down in the left corner or the helper which explain what kind of role each piece of the objects plays in the software.

Attached Files:

5. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Oh, you are using BB3, that is a different location, however, I am not sure as I am waiting for BB3 to have 2D worlds

6. Oliver Andersen

Oliver Andersen Boxer

I have another template where it works fine and I checked collision shape, points and character as well. It was the same as mine. Is there some mistakes in the program or is the mistake coming from my site? It is still an unfinished beta version.

7. Oliver Andersen

Oliver Andersen Boxer

how do I switch over to buildbox 2?

Right now it's buildbox 3 I get into everytime I launch the program.