Coins Progress Bar For Buildbox 3

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by itzonator, Jun 19, 2019.

1. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Hey Boxers,

Do you have any idea when coin is collected to add some progress to a level progress bar?

I see lots of great examples for level progress bar that measures the distance by using the Animation Menu editor and Level Selector node but what about when levels are random and coins/ points are collected to show levels progress. I have set with Event Observer for total coins to let it Menu Jump to restart the level after certain coins / points collected, but how to show a visual progress on that using Level Selector node for the collected coins??!

Example: when collect 100 coins - level cleared

Cheers,
    Itzo

Jonathan Vieira likes this.
  2. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

itzonator likes this.
  3. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Great idea, but it does not work for my game. I have event observer on UI that's tracking level completion and you have here "finish" object when collide with character to track level completion in the 3D World.

Also your bb-project works with the official release of BB3, I am still using RC2 since it's more stable for my game :)

When you import that Progression.bbdoc into RC2, the coin passes your red cube and does not change the graphic animation as it should to track the level progression.

4. Jonathan Vieira

Jonathan Vieira Boxer

Hey man, I found a tutorial that goes over that, hope it helps.