Coins/points Collected Vs Global Coins/points

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by cegdkye, Feb 6, 2018.

1. cegdkye

cegdkye Boxer

Can anyone tell me the difference between those Score types?
    Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 6.20.33 PM.png
    [​IMG]

2. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

Distance, coins collected, points collected are for the best score, mean every time you make a best score you came first
    As for global distance, coins and points are for the total score collected in the whole game, eveytime you collecte points as example it added to the old ones that you collected before, mean the big amount of score collected you get first.

3. cegdkye

cegdkye Boxer

thanks!! now I know :)

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I haven’t seen that setting. It’s new. That’s for leaderboard submission so tbh, I still don’t understand what’s the difference. Which one behaves like the one before?

Are the first 3 high-scores and the last 3 (global) all scores ever achieved summed up? And if this is the case, what gameplay would want that? Any examples come to mind?

And why are we never communicated new features like that @ZackGriset ?

5. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

My understand is this...say you want to have a coin counter for the game...total coins collected in the entire playing of the game...you would use global. Now the thing is say you allow characters to be purchased via in game currency...if you let the player see global coins when they purchase they will not see a depletion of coins...and never know how many coins they actually have, so you would use “current” as your score attribute for the player. You could however have a hidden off screen “global coins” so leaderboards could use THAT as a all total coins ever collected. Same goes for points. Does this help ?