Coins Get Resetted To X Value On Device

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Christoph, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I'm experiencing a serious bug with my upcoming game. The coins get resetted to a higher amount after leaving the app and then coming back to it. It's very weird and I have tried to recreate it with other Buildbox games out there, without success. I also tried to recreate the bug with a complete new game, without success either. And I also tried to debug it completely deleting scenes and UIs, used a different unlock system, you name it. It keeps happening. So I wanted to ask you guys if anyone has experienced this before. And if yes, have you resolved it?

This seems to happen only with exports from Buildbox 2.2.9 (I tried with 2.2.8 and it doesn't occur):
    1. Earn some coins in the game.
    2. Spend the coins in characters (In my game I have to buy at least 2 characters).
    3. Close the game completely.
    4. Open the game again and earn some more coins.
    5. Spend the coins in new characters until you won't be able to buy more characters.
    6. Leave the game with double click on the home button and open another app OR turn your device into sleep mode and then turn it on again.
    7. Go back to the game. Now the coins get resetted to a higher value.

This happens now every time you do step 6 and 7 and it gets resetted every time to a even higher amount.

I contacted support already and they are aware of the bug. But Sean and the team need to figure out first whats happening. My fear is that it never gets solved. My game depends a lot of the character unlocking and this nasty bug simply renders my game useless when it comes down to retention. :(

So any help, even if you think you might have observed in your own game something that is not related but could give me a new idea or whatever, please share it. You never know.

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

So nobody is experiencing this? @Andy have you taken a look at the bbdoc I sent to Sean? I just wanted to really check if there was a possibility to get rid of my problem by moving whatever needs to be moved in my game setup... so I wouldn't have to wait for a Buildbox update. :(

3. Andy

Andy Miniboss Boxer

Yes, I have it. We're working on it hopefully we can get to it today or tomorrow.

Christoph likes this.
  4. Bobby B.

Bobby B. Boxer

Hey guys do you guys know how to make the icon for your game

5. PumatoPro

PumatoPro Boxer

Any update with this issue? I'm having the same problem.

6. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes, this will be fixed in the upcoming 2.2.10 release. :)