Coding Vs Visual, Drag And Drop Logic Nodes

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by harbime, Jun 9, 2019.

1. harbime

harbime Boxer

Greetings

Personally I love visual "coding". It can make me create logics and prototype games much faster and quicker. But here are some of my thoughts about the benefit of coding over visual, drag and drop logic nodes.
    Please provide your opposite opinion regarding visual logic nodes benefits if you have.

1- Coding is cool.
    2- Code re-usability. You can copy other's code or your own code from previous projects and re-use them in any project for a similar functionality, with minor modifications if needed.
    3- Allows for teamwork
    4- Easy maintenance, with debugging tools and easy-to-read code. While trying to understand and fix "spaghetti" logic nodes you created some years back is a nightmare.
    5- Easy to understand (more logic)
    6- More freedom and flexibility of what you can do
    7- Freedom from depending on the third party to fix bugs or create limited ready-made actions.
    8- Visual scripting usually makes your games / apps perform slow and crash often.
    9- Coders usually have good communities and resources to help, and good documentation.
    10- Will allow you to create any kind of business apps and not only games
    11- Companies only hires programming, not drag-and-drop node creators!
    12- Ensure your compiled code will work with the latest SDKs all the time with minor modifications if needed.
    13- You will have access to all of the features of the device (leaderboards, gyroscope, camera, GPS, IAP, Ads, etc).
    14- Since learning coding is for serious people, it will make you more serious about creating good, creative games / apps that really sells, while the lazy visual, drag and drop "coding" will make you less eager to create - if at all - creative and will thought-of games and apps.

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    Rusted likes this.